Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of waiting for H&R race springs... Alternatives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, just buy coil overs. You'll thank us later. We all learned the hard way. I'm not going to knock H&R, they were straight, but you just can't slam an E30 ///M3 with anything but coilovers. I hated the way my car looked with H&R race. Not low enough in the front. I took out the rubber spacers, (13mm extra) it still looked like shit. You would have to get those lower spring hats to get it down. But the Ground Control uses Eibach linears, in damn near any rate combo you want. I have much more confidence in my car now.
    Simply put, the best that ever lived.

"I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's." Ayrton Senna, January, 1989.

Comment

I agree that Ground Control is the only way to go! Only took me a day to do the swap (including the strut modification), and it made a huge difference in handling. My spring rates are 300F, 500R and it seems to be just right for a street car. I might pick a bit stiffer if I was to race on the weekends 400F, 600R.

Comment

Working...
      X