Clear All

• Look what I found in a junkyard

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've known about this car for alittle over a year. I happen to need some parts like an upper & lower oil pan (which I believe are undamaged), air plenum, etc. for a spare engine I'm trying to put together. This car has been sitting there for about 10 years. I would love to have it just to tear into it and store what good parts are remaining. It is in pretty bad shape. Both wheels were pushed back into the wheel wells. This passenger door and roof were also buckled. Also the fact that the sunroof is out and some of the windows are out. Judging from the photos what do you think it is worth? The owner of the yard wants $1200.00.
    Last edited by e30m3man; 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM.

$1200 delivered to you door i think you will get your money back

i would love to find something like that just for fun
    91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
    88 M3 AW Track Car s54
    95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
    04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

I doubt it....that car is about as bad trashed as any car I've seen......too bad the elements have compounded the destruction of a once great car!

I didn't see the engine at first (download was slow). I was gonna say $500 tops until I saw the engine.....depending on its condition may be a deal. Body-wise, other than the rear bumper not much there is worthy. Rear wing has already been pirated!

I still think $1,200 is steep though....if you really want to take a chance, I'd offer say $750 and "deal" to see if you can get it for under $1,000.....it's really junked bad.....You can probably recoup that cost in misc parts sales after you pull off what you want (what there is), but for $1,200?...losing proposition IMO.

Originally posted by GK-E30M3 View Post
      $1200 delivered to you door i think you will get your money back

i would love to find something like that just for fun
      Last edited by 02fanatic; 11-24-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

dude buy and sell the swap for 3k on here easy.

Comment

You can kiss goodbye any part of the metal shell as it has rusted from underneath from resting on grass. So, not much can be salvaged as anyting else from the shell is also buckled. What's left then? Seized engine? bent front suspension? Maybe the rear diff... So, you are looking at $500 and you move it... or $700 delivered.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
          1989 M3 racecar
          e39 Touring

Comment

Wow, how can you possibly let that car sit in a field for ten years?!? That is unbelievable.

I wouldn't offer more than a few hundred...what's left besides the rear bumper and what's left of undoubtedly rusted rear suspension?

Comment

a few hundred tops to pick and pull what I want.

elefantsupply.com

Comment

looks like a job for..

sigpic
                Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Plenty of parts there that is worth the money I think!

Rear bumper, trunk, rear fenders and C-pillar you would get sold for a converting project!
                  1987 BMW M3 E30

S50B32 swap thread http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43515

Comment

Hello,

I can give you 1500 dollar for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Larsen-Racing View Post
                      Plenty of parts there that is worth the money I think!

Rear bumper, trunk, rear fenders and C-pillar you would get sold for a converting project!
                      The trunk had minor damage so it would probably be easier to buy a used one. I know I've seen one fs here and have heard of people cutting them and half to use on other cars. That is not a project for me though!

Would the engine not be rebuildable? There was no oil when I checked the dipstick. Another thing I was worried about was the car has 150k miles on it. I was hoping for a spare transmission and rear end but that is like a 50/50 shot that they are still functional. Then you have to ask should I gamble actually running them. I guess to only good thing about the car being wrecked is that you know it was running before it sat up:p: I thought I was being a cheap ass but the offer I had in mind was around $500.00.

Parts I think were useable:

Rear bumper
                      Rear seat foam
                      Engine, trans, rear end (if rebuildable)
                      side mirrors
                      two rear side glasses
                      driver door
                      one taillight & maybe the bulb holders
                      one qtr. panel with no damage/ passenger side was repairable.
                      Last edited by e30m3man; 11-24-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3man View Post
                        ...the offer I had in mind was around $500.00.
                        Indeed. But before you make an offer, you must "prepare" the seller. Invite him to check the car with you, and ask him what parts are still good. He will realize by himself there's not much left to use. So, your offer for $500 will make sense...

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                        1989 M3 racecar
                        e39 Touring

Comment

That's sad :sosad:
                          I was thinking it might be worth buying the car at $1200 just for the suspension, however seeing the front end like that, I'd be surprised if the front strut tubes were not bent.

e30m3man: If you decide to buy it, I'm interested in the rear trailing arms.
                          PM me when you get a chance.
                          Thanks,

Dan
                          Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
                          3/87 Henna

Comment

If I had extra garage space I would pay $500 to $800 for it and strip it down for spare parts.
                            There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

if you do buy it, i'd like the C-pillar cap, and possibly the rear glass.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                              they are not idiots.

Comment

Working...
                              X