Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now I can't decide on camber plates!! Vorshlag, IE, or GC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I can't decide on camber plates!! Vorshlag, IE, or GC...

Hello again! So I was searching around about camber plates and it seems like everybody really loves the vorshlag, they are just crazy expensive. and the ground control ones people seem to dislike since you have to the hold the underside of the bolts in the fenderwells to adjust which makes it a pain. and for the street/track ireland engineering ones, I haven't found anything about them, and they are the least expensive of the three but can still provide as much negative camber as the others I think, but I just don't know how people like them. So, what do ya'll think of the options!? I guess I'll probably end up with vorshlag, but it's just a fat chunk out of my wallet, so I'll save up for a bit since I still have lots of other things I'm trying to address at the same time. Thanks! Dan.

you have to the hold the underside of the bolts in the fenderwells to adjust which makes it a pain
    Not true of the current GC plates. I like my GC's and they've recently made improvements in the design for more adjustability. Many suspension kits include camber plates, which might save you some money over buying components individually. If I had it to do over again, I would've gone with RacerX's AST group buy.

Mark
    Mark

"She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!" -- Han

Comment

every gc plate ive had pops.which is annoying
      I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

I think I will just go big or go home and go with the vorshlags...

Comment

Originally posted by KoenigsbergM3 View Post

Do that.. I have them, great plates.

"But most of all...
          ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Unless it's a full track dedicated car, Uwe Motorsport plates are the way to go. PERIOD

Half the price of everything else and let's you keep some compliance as protection for the occasional pot hole or curb crossing your way at speed...

I can certainly vouch for them and for the man.

Comment

Hello again! So I was searching around about camber plates and it seems like everybody really loves the vorshlag, they are just crazy expensive. and the ground control ones people seem to dislike since you have to the hold the underside of the bolts in the fenderwells to adjust which makes it a pain. and for the street/track ireland engineering ones, I haven't found anything about them, and they are the least expensive of the three but can still provide as much negative camber as the others I think, but I just don't know how people like them. So, what do ya'll think of the options!? I guess I'll probably end up with vorshlag, but it's just a fat chunk out of my wallet, so I'll save up for a bit since I still have lots of other things I'm trying to address at the same time. Thanks! Dan.

If you have stock size spring, you can get max -2deg camber.(if you use orig e30 control arms and original eccentric bushes, not e36 shit)
              What is your camber target?

Comment

The Vorshlag ones I had were quiet. My GC ones, not so much. Hands down, Vorshlag is better.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by jannmann View Post
                  If you have stock size spring, you can get max -2deg camber.(if you use orig e30 control arms and original eccentric bushes, not e36 shit)
                  What is your camber target?
                  it has H&R's currently, but coilovers some day. and it's a street car, so I wouldn't really need more than -2deg for the time being anyways. And unfortunetly it has e36 shit on it right now from the Previous owner, but I am going back to the OEM aluminum's.

Originally posted by Nikos View Post
                  The Vorshlag ones I had were quiet. My GC ones, not so much. Hands down, Vorshlag is better.

Nick
                  Rad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastcosmo View Post
                    every gc plate ive had pops.which is annoying
                    Originally posted by Nikos View Post
                    I agree with all these statements. I used the older GC plates, and the Vorshlag are just overall a much better design. Better attention to detail.

I can't comment on the new GC design. I am sure they were changed because the original ones had some real PITA design features.

I honestly cannot come up with a way to improve the Vorshlag design, other than making them cheaper.

Comment

good to hear! I'm going to order the vorshlags by the end of the day.

Comment

I've had GC's along with their coil-overs on my E21. Sold the plates and made my own out of 1/4 high grade aluminum and skf bearings. When it came time to purchase for the M, I went straight to the Vorshlag plates(E36 crowd praised at the time). They are worth the extra IMO. I have HR race with bilstein sports, vorshlag stock spring plate and vorshlag camber plates. Quality pieces of hardware.
                        Photos

Comment

I ordered the vorshlags... I can't wait!

Comment

good call. I had GC ones and they would pop and bang when turning the wheel and made the car sound like a POS. I believe i had the old design though and can't comment on the new design. I switched to vorshlag and am very happy. They look like jewlery, too.
                            "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner View Post
                              good call. I had GC ones and they would pop and bang when turning the wheel...
                              This is a very common problem when the brass sleeves are not installed in their proper location. I have had GCs for a couple of years and they ave been performing flawlessly.

Lee

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                              1989 M3 racecar
                              e39 Touring

Comment

Working...
                              X