Aluminium cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium cleaner

I would clean the aluminum parts of the engine (alternator, gearbox, TB) but I would not use the degreaser as I have the impression that fade aluminum.
    What product can I use? and again: how to make the writing mPower shine on valve cover?
    Tanks

Originally posted by lucam3evo2 View Post
    I would clean the aluminum parts of the engine (alternator, gearbox, TB) but I would not use the degreaser as I have the impression that fade aluminum.
    What product can I use? and again: how to make the writing mPower shine on valve cover?
    Tanks
    I'm thinking SIMPLE GREEN could do the trick with out harm the aluminum.

Thoughts?
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Anyone knows other products for aluminum?
      And how to polish the writing mPower ....
      Thanks in advance for answers

Comment

You can get abrasive paper up to ( I think ) 4000 grit which detailers use on flatting back orange peel paint and damage. Using various grades will bring it back. You could then use something like a Dremel polishing mop to really make it shine.
        You could also remove the cover and have it machine cut like orginal and get that nice machine finish, which I think looks better than highly polished.

I think a lot of aluminium cleaners are acid based. Never done it, but not sure that's something I'd want to put over things like the alternator while on the engine.
        The only way I've seen to get that nice original finish is to vapour blast alumium parts, but that's a lot of work to remove , disasemble, blast clean, and then clean again to remove any blast media.

This site gives a good idea of what can be done. http://icmhome.org.uk/cars.html

If you want to try a little home blasting, you might try this. Not sone it myself, but looks pretty good and is very cheap.
        http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-o.../soda_blaster/
        This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

For the raised letters on the cam cover, it is easy. Sand block with 220 grit then go thinner. It must be wet sanded. For the TBs, forget it.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
          1989 M3 racecar
          e39 Touring

Comment

you dont like searching, do you? 10 f*in' seconds on google.it...

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
              you dont like searching, do you? 10 f*in' seconds on google.it...

Yes, It is also an Italian product, but I'm afraid is ghe acid for aluminum.
              Do you have tried?

Comment

Working...
              X