How Many e30 M3's are left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many e30 M3's are left?

Whenever i take the M3 out it always get lots of car nuts interested in it because of its rarity these days. Gone are the days of real homologation specials like the M3, Delta and Audi Quattro with big wings, flared arches and bespoke engineering.

Anyway it got me thinking how many M3's are left in the world and how rare they actuall are. This question has been done to death no doubt but i thought id refresh it for 2010. So am i right in saying there were originally 15000? Was that for all countries?

17,970 to be exact, 5000 to the US market and the rest to europe
    sigpic

Comment

Are racing shells included in these 17 thousand, or just street legal cars?

Comment

Originally posted by the bear View Post
        17,970 to be exact, 5000 to the US market and the rest to europe
        4,996 to be exact

Comment

No where near 4996 are on the road today in the states,I'd venture to say less than 2500 actually on the streets stateside
          I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

In Puerto Rico there are only about 40-50 cars

I have seen only 12 in running conditions in the last year.

There are only 2 cars with a Turner 2.5L kit.

Mine just born again on Dec 11,09.
            '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
            '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
            '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
            '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
            '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
            '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
            '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
            '66 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastcosmo View Post
              No where near 4996 are on the road today in the states,I'd venture to say less than 2500 actually on the streets stateside
              He meant it was 4996 actually sent to the U.S. not the amount still on the streets. But yes, 2500 sounds about right. What a shame... I need to pick one up before they're unobtainable.
              Matt

Comment

Write to the DVLA and they can tell you the number of UK registered cars.
                This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

In Germany about 1100 M3E30 were still road registered in 2007, their number continuosly dropping from 3200 in 1996. Source: http://e30-talk.com/e30-wikipedia/t-...lle-39243.html
                  Numbers dont include non-registered racecars.

So its slowly getting real rare...

Thomas
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TR-Spider View Post
                    In Germany about 1100 M3E30 were still road registered in 2007, their number continuosly dropping from 3200 in 1996. Source: http://e30-talk.com/e30-wikipedia/t-...lle-39243.html
                    Numbers dont include non-registered racecars.

So its slowly getting real rare...

Thomas
                    Take heart, it was around the late 90's that prices dropped and everyone and their dog was heading from the UK to Germany to bring home an E30 M3. Can't remember how many were orginally sold as new in the UK, but the number must have shot up from BMW UK's orginal sales figures.
                    This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

Its a shame the M Registry hasn't become as wide spread as say the Shelby Registry. I think the last time I was on it they had 617 registered e30s on there for the US. It would be cool if BMW did something to keep track of all their limited/collectible cars.
                      ~Chris

'88 Alpineweiss M3
                      '89 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L
                      '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
                      '74 Vespa 125 Primavera

Comment

There is a company out there that can run all the vin ranges of registered vehicles
                        for the US. They wanted something like $800 to just run the numbers. Kinda rich for
                        just some numbers, but maybe a joint effort to make things easier?

Comment

It would only be 16 cents if every member helped. Ha.

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
                          E30 M3 Wiki
                          My Youtube Channel
                          E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

There is a company out there that can run all the vin ranges of registered vehicles for the US. They wanted something like $800 to just run the numbers. Kinda rich for just some numbers, but maybe a joint effort to make things easier?
                            Not a bad idea, when we donate to S14, any surplus should be saved each year and when it gets to like the 30 year anniversary of our M3, whoever has the surplus should run it!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMG View Post
                              Write to the DVLA and they can tell you the number of UK registered cars.
                              Ill get on it tomorrow. Can someone find out the figures for Germany and the US?

Where else was the e30 M3 a big seller?

Comment

Working...
                              X