No announcement yet.

How Many e30 M3's are left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can make the list a little more accurate by adding you un-register car or removing one if your vehicle was declared as a total lost, remember, if you were involved in an accident and it was a total lost, it may be back on the road, total lost cars are sold at salvage auction and most of the time repaired depending on how severe the damage was.

Comment

Originally posted by mikem3cabrio View Post
      Had a friend at work look into how many E30 M3 are register in the US, as of about 17 months ago, there are:
      1988-1514
      1989-491
      1990-495
      1991-221.
      Total: 2721
      I forgot the name of the company this information was obtained from, but the company I work for uses this information as a source for parts production.
      For me this is a good enough estimate. I know many of you are curious to find a more accurate number but in the end this number will probably remain somewhat stable for years to come. I think questions like how many of them are daily drivers and track cars is more important since those cars are at a higher risk of being totalled. On the one hand having a unique rare car is fun but as time goes by and parts become NLA less of us will be willing to have fun with the car and many more will sit as investments which is a shame really. I hope the numbers stay where they are so that BMW still supplies parts.
      There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Great info!
        sigpic
        '90 M3 alpine/black
        '90 M3 sterling/grey
        '88 M5 Black/tan
        '10 GT3 meteor

Comment

Total number just sounds about right....none scientific conclusion. It is a personal assessment. And these are street use...not converted to track use.
          Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
          '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
          '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
          '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
          '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
          '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
          '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

One henna red US version was shipped here to the Philippines from the U.S. West Coast just a few months ago...
            Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsYARLD1Y

Comment

1988-1514
              1989-491
              1990-495
              1991-221.
              Total: 2721

Just saw a former DS car that was painted Sterling that has not been registered for
              many years. May possibly become a track car.

Comment

Nick and Lockolose bought the the last 6 or 7 M'3s

Comment

There is another one no longer on the open market other than the project one... :gotcha:

Comment

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/reposito..._Comp_2007.pdf

uk road tested m3's in 2007. Including advisories/ failures by category :-)

Comment

Anyone know how many were imported to Canada?

Mine is currently in Colorado, but still wears canadian plates and the metric cluster.

Comment

Well I think this pretty much settles it. Yes the list only gets the ones that are registered and misses the track cars... but it's as close as we're going to get. No need to pay for the list now because will give the same number.
                        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

This is for US E30 M3's only (all 5300 of them, or 4996, whatever was imported here).

I think it would be a very good idea to compose a listing of VIN's for each year (1988 through 1991) along with color combinations from "all" available information.

Here's the deal, you'd be surprised at how much you can learn by reviewing all the old Roundel Magazine Classifieds for E30 M3's for sale. Let's face it, back in the day when these cars were new, the vast majority of owners were BMW CCA Members here in the USA, and they used the Roundel Classifieds religiously when selling their cars back then.

Plus, the Cars For Sale Section on here (S14.net) since the inception of the forum will provide a ton of information of cars out there.

Then, there's the M-Registry.

I'm willing to assist in compiling a database if I can get help from a few other kind soles...it "won't" be easy, but my bet is with a little perserverence we can come up with a fairly comprehensive listing of E30 M3's (including color combinations, which would be great to know)...now wouldn't that be a great source?!

I spent a couple hours today reviewing my old Roundels and I have over a hundred listed already, and I'm still in the year 1991...just imagine how many cars I'll have listed when I go through another 19 years of Classifieds?...or better yet, with some help from others! :gotcha:

How about it?...anyone willing to assist with this effort. Thoughts?

John

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                            I spent a couple hours today reviewing my old Roundels and I have over a hundred listed already, and I'm still in the year 1991...just imagine how many cars I'll have listed when I go through another 19 years of Classifieds?...or better yet, with some help from others! :gotcha:

How about it?...anyone willing to assist with this effort. Thoughts?

John
                            John - I've already done this... I'm missing certain months and issues, but if you want to PM we can coordinate this effort on the Roundels... Hate to see you duplicate the work I've already done.

Besides, it's the 90's that you'll see the most classifieds. :gotcha:
                            1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                            1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                            1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Originally posted by L James View Post
                              John - I've already done this... I'm missing certain months and issues, but if you want to PM we can coordinate this effort on the Roundels... Hate to see you duplicate the work I've already done.

Hi James,

I'd like to see what you ended up with, and I'll certainly help wherever I can. I'll PM you as soon as I clean out my box! :-)

Thanks!

John

Comment

Originally posted by L James View Post

Hey James,

Please just e-mail me at [email protected]. My PM Mailbox is jammed full and I don't want to fool with it right now. E-mailing is easier anyway. I have some time to help on this right now.

Take Care,

John

Comment

Working...
                                X