What Tool For ACS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tool For ACS?

Looking specifically for the tool/socket for the ACS wheel bolts. They look more like six point star socket. However, it has indentations for a special tool. Or does a regular six point socket be good enough for a good fit? If not, Where can this be purchased? Thanks for your input from all the wheel gurus.....
    Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
    '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
    '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
    '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
    '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
    '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

I was researching for the same tool and this is the best I found. They're a little bit pricey though.

http://www.titanium-touch.de/

Comment

Check here:
      Wheel Bolt Tool

The last page of that thread links an ebay alternative which is half the price that the thread starter was asking. I bought mine off ebay as well (although from another seller from the UK) for slightly more than the current price of $50.[peace]

Comment

Thanks for the referral. Along this line, what is bolt length and thread of the ACS? Are there bolts available in CONUS ready for install in gold plated? Having the bolts removed and then gold plated are expensive. What is the torque value when installing the bolts?
        Lawrence

'03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Das Boots View Post
          Thanks for the referral. Along this line, what is bolt length and thread of the ACS? Are there bolts available in CONUS ready for install in gold plated? Having the bolts removed and then gold plated are expensive. What is the torque value when installing the bolts?
          CONUS = Continental U.S?

I haven't looked into replacement of my bolts, but from most of my reading titanium-touch is the place to order from. I'm sure there is somewhere in the U.S that sells bolts, but I haven't looked into it. Black Forest Industries will sell BBS bolts/nuts.

Many people move over to standard 6pt. bolts (same as BBS uses) if they purchase new bolts because the 10pt. are harder to find.

I have seen 22-24 ft-lbs as a torque rating when rebuilding.

Comment

18 ft lbs. tops if you decide to reuse your old bolts.

Comment

Don't want to jack the thread, but since we are on the topic of tools, anyone know
              where and what to get for the bolts on the BBS RSIIs? I've seen double hex 8mm.
              Is that correct?

Comment

Chu....No problem. I also got BBS RS. Aside from the ACS (my standby & project wheel). Don't all BBS use the same type of bolts? Hopefully the 10 pt. socket would fit on this. I dunno if BBS are 8 or 10 mm. I am trying to purchase a 2 pc set.
                Lawrence

'03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD

Comment

Originally posted by qwerte View Post
                  Check here:
                  Wheel Bolt Tool

The last page of that thread links an ebay alternative which is half the price that the thread starter was asking. I bought mine off ebay as well (although from another seller from the UK) for slightly more than the current price of $50.[peace]
                  I just bought a set of these. I hope they work out when they arrive. Does anyone know the exact specification of bolt and nut that ACS type 1 uses? I am confused and dont know how to order on titaniumtouch website.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jpchan View Post
                    I just bought a set of these. I hope they work out when they arrive. Does anyone know the exact specification of bolt and nut that ACS type 1 uses? I am confused and dont know how to order on titaniumtouch website.

Thanks!

+1. I also have contacted the sales from Black Forest Industries. Have not received any response yet. I was asking if they have knowledge of bolt sizes for BBS and ACS. Am also inquiring if they sell bolts. Will keep the thread updated. Crossing of fingers. Also have sent messages to the seller in EBay for the s10 pt. 8 & 10 mm socket set.
                    Lawrence

'03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD

Comment

Are the bolts for the BBS RS and ACS/OZ rims different or the same in terms of the socket that you would use to take them apart ?

Comment

Answering my own question here - yes they are BBS = 12 point OZ= 10 point. Has anyone bought them recently off ebay who could provide a link. Can't seem to find any at the mo.

Comment

I need a tool for the ACS bolts if anybody has one locally

Comment

ACS wheels where made by OZ if I remember. Therefore the usual 10-points tools will do. 8mm and 10mm.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                            1989 M3 racecar
                            e39 Touring

Comment

OZ sockets here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item3cb78c3f44

$50 shipped in the US.

Yes ACS wheels were made by OZ and should use the same OZ tools.
                              BBS RS's and OZ's do NOT use the same tools.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

Working...
                              X