retarded control arm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake
    I don't mean any disrespect or anything, but what ever you do, do NOT use soap to put those on. The rubber need to *stick* to the control arm. This is on a stock bushing. Urethane bushings get lube.

If you have to, try spit or hair spray. I'm a spitter. :p LOL I crack myself up...

HTH,
    Jake Larsen

P.S. Spell check for “spitter” comes up with:

Spatter
    Sputter
    Spotter
    Sitter
    Splitter

Yup, that’s about right. Somebody stop me!
    What about antifreeze? Shouldn't it evaporate?
    Bryan K.
    Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

I don't know, possibly? Spit or hair spray has always worked for me. The hair spray rocks because its alcohol based and evaporates a bit more completely I think. I learned the hair spray trick from putting on about a bazillion mountain bike grips. They go on easy, dry fast, and then seem to hold their own when the going gets wet. And no, the same doesn’t hold true for your jimmy hat. :p LOL

Cheers,
      Jake Larsen

Comment

I don't think "spit" will work on this job; maybe some other kind of "JOB".
        I have used dish soap on at least three sets of control arm without any problem. How do I know well just try to slide off those lollypop when it come time to replace them. The pressure of the rubber on the arm will squeeze out any liquid. I don't know the content of hair spray but some of those polymer may be more of a problem than soap.
        Ethylester of Pvm/ma, Copolymer, Triisotropanolamine

Comment

Originally posted by ACM3
          I don't think "spit" will work on this job; maybe some other kind of "JOB".
          I have used dish soap on at least three sets of control arm without any problem. How do I know well just try to slide off those lollypop when it come time to replace them. The pressure of the rubber on the arm will squeeze out any liquid. I don't know the content of hair spray but some of those polymer may be more of a problem than soap.
          Ethylester of Pvm/ma, Copolymer, Triisotropanolamine
          LOL

Jake Larsen

Comment

Working...
          X