Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nrubenstein
    replied
    The issue is that the iX strut towers are different. My understanding is that you can bolt the suspension up, but you will have essentially no caster, instead of the normal E30 huge caster setting.

The car won't drive properly like that.

IMHO, you're better off finding another shell for this conversion.

Leave a comment:

• werc1
    replied
    ^ pictures?

AWD E30 rally car... sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_1602
    replied
    Originally posted by Bennetts22 View Post
    way different for sure will not work
    Ok, this is my plan...Since I got the car for a really good price (they have fairly new original e30 m3 skin) and I have complete e30 m3 undercarriage (fr struts, fr and rr subframe, control arm, rear trailing arms, driveshaft) + S14 motor, I'm making an RHD e30 m3 replica. But, if things aren't a direct fit or troublesome to the ix chasis, I might have to let go this project and import another e30 m3 elsewhere. Well, hopefully someone here can tell me whether this is a visible project or not...

A bit background about the car,
    It was used for rally purpose back in the 90s and bought by an individual who converted to RHD and change the look to e30 m3 using original parts. The motor is m20 2.7L Racing Dynamics. It was in my hand since almost 2 years ago.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Bennetts22
    replied
    way different for sure will not work

Leave a comment:

• Reelizmpro
    replied
    No...you can tell just by looking at it.

Leave a comment:

• raimo
    replied
    No. iX front suspension is different (subframe and wishbones).

Leave a comment:

• UNHCLL
    replied
    No, I believe your 325iX front strut towers sit at a different angle than E30 M3/Non-iX E30's front strut towers. If memory is correct, this was done to help eliminate the "negative" camber aspect on the front suspension to allow for less front halfshaft wear.

I could be entirely wrong, but I don't think it is a "bolt on" affair.

Good luck,
    Chris
    Last edited by UNHCLL; 04-15-2010, 03:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_1602
    replied
    sorry..i think i need to elaborate more... Front structure is the front section (front suspension tower etc).

I have a converted 2dr 325ix to a complete e30 m3 replica. Just bought the whole m3 undercarriage (suspensions, struts, fr and rr axles, etc) and would this be a simple bolt on to replace the 4wd system?

Leave a comment:

• UNHCLL
    replied
    Not sure what "front structure" you're refering too, but if you mean the radiator/core support, then they are not the same. Very similar, but not identical.

HTH,
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Chris_1602
    started a topic e30 m3 and 325ix

e30 m3 and 325ix

Do they share the same front structure? From realoem, they have different part no although they look 99% identical.
Working...
X