Good Mechanical Shop in Bay Area, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Mechanical Shop in Bay Area, CA

Does anyone know any good mechanical shop in the Bay Area that specialize in E30 M3?

I also curious to know who much would it cost for rebuild the 2.3L motor typically?

Bought my car from up your way in the Novato area. Th PO used to take his now my M3 to this shop. I called the owner Billy just before buying it and asked him tons of questions about the cars repair history. He answered every question. Really cool dude. Name is Billy.

www.bavarian-tuning.com
    Santa Rosa area
    88 M3 DS 89 M3 Zinno

Comment

Phaedrus BMW in San Francisco seems to do a lot of work on E30's and other early model BMW's as well as modern ones.

I've only had some service on my E46 (good prices), not my E30 as of yet, but I hear they do great work.

http://www.phaedrusmd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        Bought my car from up your way in the Novato area. Th PO used to take his now my M3 to this shop. I called the owner Billy just before buying it and asked him tons of questions about the cars repair history. He answered every question. Really cool dude. Name is Billy.

www.bavarian-tuning.com
        Santa Rosa area
        Thanks archie! Santa Rosa might be a bit far from me but will give them a call for a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by werc1 View Post
          Phaedrus BMW in San Francisco seems to do a lot of work on E30's and other early model BMW's as well as modern ones.

I've only had some service on my E46 (good prices), not my E30 as of yet, but I hear they do great work.

http://www.phaedrusmd.com/
          Hi werc1,

Phaedrus BMW is closer to me! ;-)

Comment

I have been to Phaedrus several times. The work seems to be very good and the shop is full of older cars. They were the only shop that would weld my front subframe and fabricate a new sway bar bushing bracket. They also have a night shift, open till 9pm.

In Santa Rosa I use North Bay Bavarian. The mechanics, owner, and front desk manager all owned M3's. I find with a shop the most important thing is often just how well you can talk to them.

Comment

Dynospot racing in San Jose builds S14's I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftBMW View Post
                Dynospot racing in San Jose builds S14's I believe.
                They built my motor, but don't take it there if you are in a rush. Mine took 4-6 months, but this was about 4 years ago. Other than the time, my motor is strong with no issues.

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Bavarian Motorsport in Milpitas... currently handling my engine rebuild... more like an engine bay restoration. Not the place to go if you want quick and dirty though, as Ramon is pretty thorough and anal!

Comment

Thanks guys for good info.!!! :-D

Comment

Also try calling Bavarian Professionals in Berkeley. One of their owners, Nat, drives an E30 ///M3 to work every day. They know the cars, and the local build shops. If they won't do it themselves, they'll recommend someone that does top notch work.

Comment

Happy to help if we can, but we have 4 S14's at the shop right now, one that we did a full S50B32 swap in.
                        So let me know if we can help.
                        Thanks

Robb

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bill Arnold yet. He's a pretty well known BMW mechanic, especially S14 related. But I'm not familiar with the SFO area, so he might not be that close to the bay area. Here's his info:

Bill Arnold Independent BMW Service
                          Bill Arnold
                          68D Woodland Ave.
                          San Rafael, CA 94901
                          (415) 459-2697
                          [email protected]

Hope this helps
                          1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                          1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                          1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Well, now I could use advice. I just hit a deer while out for a drive on Skyline Blvd. Never had body work or insurance claim before. Car is in tow lot in Burlingame, any recommendations?

Comment

Burlingame? Bodyshop ? :peekaboo:
                              Last edited by atan888; 05-22-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X