Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Wow, what a car!

Hi all,

My name is Bill and just took delivery of a former S14 90 Brillant red M3 several months ago. I must admit that the car is not all that impressive in normal street driving but it sure handles incredibly in twisties. I have an S2000 and by comparison, the S2k is numb in steering feel and less confidence inspiring. With the M3, it does tend to push a bit but the chasis and feedback allows me to push the car more with confidence. I'm sure you all know this already but one cannot really appreciate this car until it's driven as intended to. Hoping an Iigo chip will be an even better driver's car.

BTW, two thumbs up for Hoa at SBI.

cheers,

bill

Congrats!
    I spend all my money on beer, cars, guitars, and women....the rest is just wasted.

Comment

...you got bit.

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
      E30 M3 Wiki
      My Youtube Channel
      E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

Congratulations. So we aren't crazy people that like to drive old and slow cars.

Comment

If your car tends to push a bit you may want to look at your suspension setup. The amazing thing about this car is how it can break all 4 wheels in a turn with just steering input.
          There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by m3guru View Post
            ...you got bit.
            hehehe!

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!
              Fritz

1987 Hennarot E30 M3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsYARLD1Y

Comment

The story is always the same...........:gotcha:

Welcome.

Az

"But most of all...
                ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Thank you, all.

It's amazing how many youngsters come up to me and state how they lust after this car. Some of them are even younger than the car!.

Comment

Originally posted by RGNLM3 View Post
                    Thank you, all.

It's amazing how many youngsters come up to me and state how they lust after this car. Some of them are even younger than the car!.

There's plenty more where that came from. :peekaboo:

Comment

I think it's safe to say that this car's steering saved my life a couple of months ago. I was driving at 60mph on a state road when a jackass in front of me suddenly decided to make a u turn. He obviously didn't see me and as he started turning he litterally blocked the whole lane I was driving on. I managed to maneuver around him but what's amazing is that the car didn't loose any grip when I slammed on the steering wheel back and forth. Any other car I have ever driven would have left me in the ditch.
                      1988 BMW 325ix Touring (imported form Poland)
                      1984 Audi Ur Quattro (imported from Canada)
                      1976 Audi 80 GL (project)

Comment

Quit now a drug habit is 10x cheaper, then again its 10x less fun
                        Project M3 - Part Sell Off

Comment

I'm amazed how this car sticks like it's 4 wheel drive. If the shifter was smoother and the steering a tad quicker and smaller, it would be perfect for me.

Originally posted by tcheb View Post
                          I think it's safe to say that this car's steering saved my life a couple of months ago. I was driving at 60mph on a state road when a jackass in front of me suddenly decided to make a u turn. He obviously didn't see me and as he started turning he litterally blocked the whole lane I was driving on. I managed to maneuver around him but what's amazing is that the car didn't loose any grip when I slammed on the steering wheel back and forth. Any other car I have ever driven would have left me in the ditch.

Comment

Originally posted by RGNLM3 View Post
                            I'm amazed how this car sticks like it's 4 wheel drive. If the shifter was smoother and the steering a tad quicker and smaller, it would be perfect for me.
                            Those items can all be address.

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
                              Those items can all be address.
                              And for less money than stock parts.:gotcha:

Comment

Working...
                              X