Black Throttle Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Throttle Bodies

Just thought I'd post to see what ya'll think...

I've got some black velocity stacks/intake horns and my throttle bodies are starting to corrode a bit, so I thought why not paint it black to match the velocity stacks. Anyhow, I haven't got a chance to put the velocity stacks on, but I think they turned out ok.

Before:
    InstalledM5TB

After:
    Black TBs Side
    Black TBs Front
    Pat

Hmm undecided about this one. Looks like a lump without the contrast.

Comment

I actually like it. What airbox and velocity stacks are those?

Peter

Comment

Yea, I was hesitant to go black at first, but I figure it's just paint, I can always remove it. I'm thinking once I get the velocity stacks on it'll look more like the newer cars where the engine bay is pretty much all black, just without all the plastic covers they all now have.

The airbox is a stock replica in CF and the TBs and velocity stacks are e34 M5 50mm.

I might like it more when everything is back together.
        Pat

Comment

doesnt look bad but I prefer the contrast of fresh clean metal for the itbs they are a unique feature to this engine so let em shine!

Comment

I likey!
            Rich!

Comment

Thanks for the comments... Okay I've got updated pictures with the rest of the intake, this will give you a better idea. I'm starting to like it. I know it still doesn't beat a set of super clean silver TBs or a set of polished ones.

Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Pat

Comment

that looks really clean, i personally like it

Comment

I like it!
                  @slowprogress

Comment

personally I never understand why the old M3 needs to look like "modern" cars.
                    It's a classic. If one likes the look of a painted engine part just for personal pleasure, I am fine with that.
                    But not with the "update" aim.
                    not meant to be offensive, just my 2p

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
                      personally I never understand why the old M3 needs to look like "modern" cars.
                      It's a classic. If one likes the look of a painted engine part just for personal pleasure, I am fine with that.
                      But not with the "update" aim.
                      not meant to be offensive, just my 2p
                      Point taken...and not taken offensively. My car is modified to an extent that most wouldn't call it a classic anymore, but If I wanted to return the vehicle back to orginal I can.

All the modified parts on the car are not the original, the original parts have been stored away. So if I ever wanted to sell it stock with a 2.5l upgrade, it would be a true statement.

I know I'm going against the grain with the black for the purists. Thanks for the comments postive and negative.
                      Pat

Comment

what paint did you use and did you use the same on the valve cover?
                        Marshall
                        75 M2
                        88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post
                          what paint did you use and did you use the same on the valve cover?
                          The throttle body paint is just plain flat black from a spray can at home.

The valve cover is more of a grey color and is call "Anti-Friction" paint that usually goes on the bottom of the piston skirts, which was professionally done.
                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                          X