X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noro
    replied
    That's perfect Joe!

To the OP. If you are at all contemplating replacing dash bulbs with LEDs, don't bother.

Leave a comment:

• JOEBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by noro View Post
    Folks, while we are here, can anyone tell me if there is a convenient pass-through in the firewall behind the dash/foot-well area. I want to install a pressure gauges and pass the wiring down to the steering column.
    there are a few areas that you can pass wires through. Take a look around the wire harness that goes to the fuse box and also take a look at where the accelerator cables passes, there are a few extra rubber grommets that you can punch a hole and pass wires. Try to punch the holes nice and small so that when you pass the wires it will make a nice tight seal. Also to help snake the wire use some steel wire and attached the electrical wire to it and snake it through hole. Sometimes if the rubber hole is tight use some silicone spray to help make it through.

Leave a comment:

• noro
    replied
    Folks, while we are here, can anyone tell me if there is a convenient pass-through in the firewall behind the dash/foot-well area. I want to install a pressure gauges and pass the wiring down to the steering column.

Leave a comment:

• Mick
    replied
    ..also, do a thorough visual inspection of the firewall for early signs of rust.

Leave a comment:

• JackinMidtown
    replied
    Thanks, Joe.

Leave a comment:

• JOEBMW
    replied
    You might want to take a look at the heater core and pipes while you are there. Although you can change these even with the dash in place but the center console has to be removed. Also maybe change out the all the little light bulbs.

If ever things else works now then you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• JackinMidtown
    started a topic Parts to Replace

Parts to Replace

Is there anything under the dash that would be wise to replace during a dash replacement? Thanks.
Working...
X