Nearly, but had my head screwed on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly, but had my head screwed on...

When I first started to embark on buying an E30 M3, I searched high and low, like the rest of us. I managed to find in Germany, from a dealer in Hof, Bayern - Called Degner, a fantastic sounding car, low mileage, wide arches, red, immaculate fBMWSH. Excellent - No pictures, no email....

I emailed the dealer with 1 question, the wide arches. I asked if they were standard.....they said yes. My german then was very poor and I asked them to hold the car for me, I would be over the weekend.

Flew into Franfurt, 5 hour train journey, picked up at the station by the dealerships son, in E36 M3 - He was 19.

Anyway, pulled up to the dealership and OH MY GOD - then I said in english, "that better not be it" - I could not believe my eyes.

Thankfully, I did not take them up on their offer, they showed me a couple of beaten up others - Sad, but I enjoyed the 3 days break in a picturesque part of Germany - I always have actually.

Now do you want to see what I nearly purchased.....

Check this out Not my taste

I thought this car had gone forever, as I did not have a camera I tried to explain to friends when I got home what I saw....I can now show them after 5 years......

I know your having a laugh, its my pleasure
    Phil
    E30 M3 - The Original Inspiration

What put you off buying this exactly ?
    This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

What put me off? Thats a hard one to answer. The looks back home...

I am sure some would like it, but for me it was a waste of a good car underneath all that clothing.

The car was absolutely immaculate....
      Phil

Comment

Looks like it wasn't even an M3 to begin with, based on those tail lights.....:idea:

Although it does have the right trunklid...:huh:

Mike
        Last edited by Hennarot M3; 02-27-2004, 08:33 AM.
        Mike

Comment

It was definitely an M3, a late build too. I am looking at some old paperwork to find the VIN No....

I know one thing, If any brought that to the UK, it would not go over speed bumps that well....probably end up leaving the body kit behind....
          Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrils
            I know one thing, If any brought that to the UK, it would not go over speed bumps that well....probably end up leaving the body kit behind....
            What a shame....
            Good choice to pass on that one.

Chris
            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Can't stop laughing!!!

That car is bad taste! And in need of intensive therapy!

It's a crime to change the look of those sexy fenders on a std e30 M3. I'm never getting tired looking at them.

The E30 M3 wasen't available with the big taillights ever. So if the VIN matches an M3. Those aren't original. But selfmade.....

-Otto
              Steffen Otto Jensen
              จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
              1989 318is
              1989 M3 Cecotto (196/505)
              www.cecotto.dk

Comment

Absolutely horrific.

Comment

All the car needs is a anodized smurf blue dupli-color handpainted wheels and it'll be perfect!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I gotcha! Just messing with you BattleM3.

Thou you are a brother from another planet
                    :nahnah:

I'm sure Shaq would have loved that car since he owns the Merc with the testarosa kit. THanks for telling the story Nos.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

uncalled for, but whatever.

Seats Taken...No one rides for free...:burnbaby:

Comment

Holy rieger-ific body kit batman! You know, in Germany, i'm sure that kit is widely acceptable. I remember looking through German car magazines and seeing alot of Ford Cosworths and regular E-30's with those type of Testerosa wide flare kits on it, so it's not that uncommon, maybe in the late 80's early 90's. but not on the sacred M3

The Chuck giveth, and the Chuck taketh away

Comment

Originally posted by battle///m3
                          uncalled for, but whatever.
                          Don't make any swirl marks... I'm a playful person. I don't mean to offend. If I did then I apologize.

Comment

I was just playing, of course I wouldn't wanna be called out becuase of a ghetto ///M.

Seats Taken...No one rides for free...:burnbaby:

Comment

unheard of

Comment

Working...
                              X