Low Beam Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Beam Failure

I've searched all over and haven't found any threads with my particular problem. I hope someone hear can help.

I installed the HID kit from DDM a few months ago, it worked fine for some time. Periodically my drivers side light would go out, but a simple recycling of the lights or if need be a disconnect/reconnect got it working again.

The other night the light goes out again and neither of the two fixes got it working again. I touched the ballast in question and it was SUPER hot. When I got home I swapped out the ballasts and the light still did not work. I reconnected the ballast back over to the passenger side now that doesn't work either.

So now I have no low beams at all. I've checked the fuses, none are blown. My relay also clicks when I pull the switch so I don't think that's the issue. I reconnected a regular 9004 bulb and that doesn't work either. The high beams work fine. Please help
    Last edited by ///M3-4Life; 06-21-2010, 01:24 AM.
    sigpic

So you changed ballasts and it didn't fix the problem. Then after you returned the ballast back to passenger side, it doesn't work anymore? is that right? Check the wiring on the drivers side for shorts? Sounds like the problem is in the wiring before the bulb/ballast somewhere but you may have damaged the ballasts.

Just buy another kit and change out the bulbs/ballasts. They are cheap at around $30 nowadays. If the wiring is OK, there is no reason it shouldn't work. I have 3 DDM kits on my cars and they all work. One bulb is a different color than the other on one car so I need to get them replaced but overall I've been pretty happy.
    Last edited by Reelizmpro; 06-21-2010, 09:35 AM.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I don't think buying another kit will solve my problem. When I connected the standard bulbs that I had installed before I still got no lights. Any other suggestions
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3-4Life View Post
        I don't think buying another kit will solve my problem. When I connected the standard bulbs that I had installed before I still got no lights. Any other suggestions
        I don't think so either but for $30 at least you have a fresh start with a new kit eliminating potential problems with your old bulbs/ballasts. Like I said though, check the wiring first.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Working...
        X