Hit the Magic Number Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the Magic Number Today!

No not the lottery. My M3 turned 50,000 miles on the way to work today!

I don't know whether to be :rolling: or :cry:

It took 14 years for my car with its PO to cover 45K miles, and only 9 months with me to go the last 5K, 5 track days, and 2 autocrosses.

Read my M3 story here:
    http://members.roadfly.org/m3solo2/myM3story.pdf

Did I rescue an uberdrivingcar from garage boredom, or am I sacrificing a nice example of a rare breed?

More pics here:http://community.webshots.com/user/m3solo2
    "E30 M3 . . . it's the perfect toy for an upscale closet wild man." Car and Driver, 1988 M3 Road Test

you're doing the right thing. Just maintain often and you'll be fine. I loved when mine was a daily driver.

Comment

I know a guy who's seriously into BMWs who has a clean E30 M3 with low mileage...typical garage queen. Some friends and I got him to change his mind by reminding him that the car will probably outlive him and when he's gone someone else will reap the benefits of his babied M3 so he mind as well enjoy it.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Each to their own, but I bought my M3 to drive. Mine's almost at 180,000 km now but so what!
        By the wya, I'm just about to go out and clear the 4 inch's of snow that came down last night off the car so I can get out to my mates to work on his Lotus.

Collway Rally MS tyres on 15 inch spare wheels - what a hoot in this weather!

Steve
        Steve
        Scottish Cecotto

Comment

E30's were never meant to be garage queens. I'm up to 256 000 km.

Comment

I agree with you guys...with a car like the e30 m3 how can you NOT drive it 4, 5, 6 days a week....you're just teasing yourself. If it brings you joy and [email protected]*$ING DRIVE IT ALREADY.
            Just my 2 cents.
            -Ara
            -Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

Comment

Working...
            X