Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was rear-ended today...

:shit:

I would love to see what some of you think as far as it being repairable. The lame thing was that the Jeep Grand Cherokee that hit me was doing less than 5 mph...but since his bumper was so much higher it just plowed into my truck and trunk lid and my actual bumper didn't even get a scratch. My initial concern on repairs is the far right hand side (passenger side) where it crinkled up the metal on the top where the trunk lid would normally seal. Pics below:

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
    Jeremy Clarkson - BBC Top Gear
    sigpic

Sorry for your loss... Definitely repairable, depending on their insurance because it's gonna cost... My guesstimate $5800.
    Last edited by ///schwartzman; 08-28-2010, 06:40 PM.
    Rich!

Comment

That sucks. You should ping Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes in Kirkland. He fixed my M3 when someone coasted into the rear end. Granted it wasn't as bad as yours, it was super slow accident as they just slowly coasted into my rear bumper. At least it is a good place to get a insurance quote.

'89 E30 M3
      (Diamondschwarz) | '01 E39 M5 (Silbermetallic)

Comment

If they had been a little bit closer to the center, that all would have pulled right out - but that trunk corner looks fubard by the little bit I know about body work.

Comment

A good body shop can do wonders....just go to a good shop and have it done proper. If you have to fight a bit with the Insurance Co. "Just Do It!".....you'll be glad you did....don't roll over with a low ball quote.

Now may be the time to freshen up that red paint where it's faded! :gotcha:

Good Luck!

Comment

Very repairable however you are going to probably have to fight with the insurance company because they will probably want to total it.

I would start printing off some of the for sale threads and keep the latest and look in Roundal for some car for sale to show value. It is probably a $6K repair.
            Dan

88 M3
            Black on Black

San Diego, CA
            USA

Comment

ouch....sorry to see this. Fixable...sure. Anything is fixable. Expensive...for sure, that is some real damage and likely a repaint for the entire rear half of the car to get it to look right.

Comment

Definetely repairable. I have seen worser.
                However, i don't think it needs an entire rear end though!
                There is only one M3, the E30 M3

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                  A good body shop can do wonders....just go to a good shop and have it done proper. If you have to fight a bit with the Insurance Co. "Just Do It!".....you'll be glad you did....don't roll over with a low ball quote.

Good Luck!
                  yup definitely repairable.. not hard at all..

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post

Good Luck!
                    its very repairable..

Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post
                    Very repairable however you are going to probably have to fight with the insurance company because they will probably want to total it.

I would start printing off some of the for sale threads and keep the latest and look in Roundal for some car for sale to show value. It is probably a $6K repair.
                    6k is beyond expensive for that repair.. I say 2-3k at the most. I fixed something similar to that with a complete paint Job for lets just say it was way under 6k. lol. All he need is a good bodyman to pull the rear, replace trunk lid and maybe bumper but I cant see it.. paint qtr, trunk lid and bumper.. might need to blend..
                    Last edited by SONNYQ; 08-29-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Well I am glad to hear the chorus of "it's repairable" because I really don't want to have to fight with insurance over it being a total loss. There are a few good higher-end body shops here in Bellingham who I know do good work based on the miracles I have seen them do on others cars. But you always have different feelings when is YOUR car. I am the only e30 M3 in town so my car is pretty well known - the shop that does a good repair job will get a LOT of positive word-of-mouth from both me and anyone who knows me or my car.
                      “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
                      Jeremy Clarkson - BBC Top Gear
                      sigpic

Comment

Make sure that you take it to good Body Shop not some hacks
                        91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                        88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                        95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                        04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

So sorry man!

Keep an open mind, sometimes these things have a way of working out in your favor!

Ask me how i know!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear man, good luck.
                            Alex
                            '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
                            '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
                            '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

Sorry to see that happen to you. If they decide to fix it, it's probably worth getting the panels new from the dealer.
                              Good Luck.

Dan

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...61&hg=41&fg=25
                              Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
                              3/87 Henna

Comment

Working...
                              X