Finally passed emissions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally passed emissions!

After 5 unsuccessful tries, I finally passed emissions here in Oregon. My car was failing because of the hydrocarbon reading.
    I discovered that humidity makes a HUGE difference on hydrocarbon emissions.
    I made a table and recorded the Hydrocarbon reading on each particular test day along with the temperature, and humidity.

here is a graph showing the Hydrocarbon reading on each test day:

Temperature and humidity graph below:

Very Interesting! You know, there are devices that increase intake air humidity a bit. I'm not talking about water injection, rather, vacuum powered devices that bubble some air through a container of the wet stuff.

Stan

Comment

Man, so the key is to get your car's emissions done on a rainy day! I better do it soon before the rain stops... what am I talking about, i'm in seattle, It'll rain until early July!! :(

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
      97 Porsche Carrera S
      13 Audi S6
      SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
      GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

we don't have DEQ down here in Eugene... yet.... but i'm sure they'll bring it down here sooner or later
        1990 e30 m3

Comment

Thanks for posting that! Very interesting.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

That is very interesting! I assume all other factor were the same (same oil, same tire pressure, etc)?

Can you post what happened to you NOx and CO? I assume the CO went down on the humid day, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM

Can you post what happened to you NOx and CO? I assume the CO went down on the humid day, too.
              I don't have the information with me, but I can post the NOx and CO readings later tonight if you like.

Comment

I hear yah, I had the same problem for 4 years!

luckily I swapped a good AFM and cat, and it passed fine

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWman
                  I don't have the information with me, but I can post the NOx and CO readings later tonight if you like.
                  Yes that would be great if you would post that in the same way you posted the HC data!

Comment

Working...
                  X