Whats the fastest top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the fastest top speed

What is the fastest top speed for any ones M, or that you have hear of. cause when I would get about 120 my speedo would start to jump around and then go to zero. lose cable I think haven't gotten around to fixing it

148 m/h = 237 km/h
    sigpic

Comment

what about modded M3's have any one seen above 160

Comment

Well with the stock rear end and gear box no because top speed is redline limited. Now I don't know about cars with the dogleg tranny though and the rear end that goes with that
        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

I've a hair of 150 (indicated) in mine with the 3.2 S50, but i was cresting a hill on the highway (at night) so i decided to let off. I think mine's good for 150+ actual, because the indicated speed is almost invariably optimistic. The aero of the E30 M3 is certainly not conducive to real high terminal velocity, but with enough power you can overcome to an extent.

I'd imagine an E3 splitter/wing adjusted out would knick a good 5mph+ plus off the top end, and at least that for the package i'll be running shortly.

Buuuut, who cares? Top speed is stupid. Its a worthless number.. if you can go 140 or so then that's all you'll ever need.
          Alex McHenry

Comment

I dont get it. I buried the needle at 160 more than a few times when I had the M3. I thought that was like a normal possibility with engines that were tinkered the right way. Go figure. Now 100 mph in my Jeep feels fast.

Mad Mike

Comment

I know the speedo isnt the most accurate. Its quite a bit off at the top end. The best way would be to have some external source measure it.

140 is fast enough for me too. Getting there and staying alive is the fun.

Comment

I know that Espen M3 has done 250km/h (156,25) many times in his STOCK M3
                I have done 150 with mine with just som small mods like exhaust, and the top is ported.

And I have done 155m.p.h in my M535i, and I just raced my friend M3 with my M535i and won !!!! Both are stock cars.
                X 89` E30 M3 S14B23

Comment

156mph at 7,500 rpms with just a chip and a borla.

Comment

I think with the dogleg tranny and 3.73 diff, my car can only reach 145mph. :2:
                    '88 m3
                    '88 m3
                    '90 325i w/supercharged S50

Comment

I've actually never had my M3 above 130- and even then I bet the speedo was optimistic.

But in the E36 coming down Interstate 5 I had it pegged at 135 for nearly an hour. Efficient.
                      1988 M3
                      2012 335is
                      1993 Civic Si

Comment

I've hit 220 kph (137mph) once - it had loads to go, I just bottled it as I want to keep my license!

(My highly modded Mk1 Golf does 145mph in 4th at the red line! with a calibrated speedo)

Steve
                        Steve
                        Scottish Cecotto

Comment

YOU MF'ERS ALL NEED TO SLOW THE F DOWN....

Shit...ive never been over 120....and that was a rare time at which Mad Mike passed me doing 130

150 and such....just not safe IHMO on public roads

THATS ALL

Comment

126mph, my car is slow (wasn't topped out, but getting there):sosad:

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                            they are not idiots.

Comment

One time on a straight empty me and my friend in a E36 M3 were over 160mph for a little while.

I've also had it over that at Spokane Raceway, with it's almost 1mi front straight.

I'm sure now with my DTM rear flap and extended E3 front, that I'll be hard pressed to much over 150mph.

Do not click
                              At least it's German

Comment

Working...
                              X