Yokohama AVS Intermediate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama AVS Intermediate

I know they are NLA, but i remember hearing about how great those tires were.

Can anyone here confirm that?

I've got a buddy that has a set of unmounted ones sitting in his garage (235/40/17) that I can have for a good price, but just wanted to know how the traction was on them before I commit.

Any comments? I need new tires anyway, post away

Dave

Yup, these were my first set of tires.
    They were really great, not as sticky as Falkens or BFG KD's, but much better than a regular street tire.

I only got about 8k miles on them though, and they were useless in the snow.
    -Han

Comment

I'd skip 'em unless you got an amazing deal and your intentions are for casual use.

Because tires age with time, even when they just sit. After about 3-4 years they become harder and less grippy. Some older collector cars on the OE tires have super hard rubber! Yet the tires look great.

Stan

Comment

I have run them on the street and they work very well on dry pavement. Good grip, quiet and stable. Down side is that they wear fairly quickly - 8,000 mi on the rear set - mostly due to negative camber. Could extend life with a better tire rotation schedule. I have not autocrossed or used them on the track. Hope this helps. They are/were inexpensive to purchase.

Comment

Good to hear, I scored a set of 4 about a year ago for $200 when Tire Rack was blowing them out cheap.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Working...
          X