Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

245/40/17? what do you think .... doable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 245/40/17? what do you think .... doable?

I have BBS RKs in 17x8 with et38 (E36 offset). I'm currently running a 18mm spacer with 235/40/18 and no rub. Looking for new auto-x tires for this weekend and was considering the BFG KDs.

Anyone running this size? Any rub up front?

Thanks!

We're running Hoosier 245/40/17's on 17x8 E34 M5 rims (20 mm offset) with no problems so the BFG's should be OK with the spacers.
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    Direct contact:[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Mel A
      We're running Hoosier 245/40/17's on 17x8 E34 M5 rims (20 mm offset) with no problems so the BFG's should be OK with the spacers.
      Arent the fenders on your car rolled/cut/flared? That might limit his clearance if he doesnt have the same fender mods as your racer.

Chris
      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

See this thread and scroll down to the yellow M3 wearing just those tires. It had the fastest dry day Nationals result of any E30 M3 in the last 10 years. KDs run a bit smaller than the marked size, which will help the fit a bit.

Stan

Comment

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll be getting those KDs in 245/40/17 ......

Bring on those cones!

Comment

might want to tone the offset down with 15mm spacers. you might rub the outer fender with that.

I'll be running 235/40/17 kuhmo's on 17x8 wheels. not sure on the offset yet.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
            they are not idiots.

Comment

Yes-but the fenders were modified to take 18"x8" and 18"x9"wheels-before that the 17"x8" wheels with 245/40/17's worked with no fender work.

"Arent the fenders on your car rolled/cut/flared? That might limit his clearance if he doesnt have the same fender mods as your racer"

Comment

Working...
              X