Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Coming back to M3 ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to M3 ownership

Hi Guys,

Having been without an E30 M3 for about 8 months now, I don't think I can resist it any longer. I am going to begin in ernest the search for another. [peace]

I've been tracking an E36 M3 with a good friend of mine, done some 'Ring trips etc and although the E36 is ludicrously fast (weighs around 1200 kg's I guess) I'm just not getting the same sense of satisfaction modding it as I did with the E30. I've come to realise it's not just about driving them, it's as much about ownership in my opinion. There's no point spending money at a powdercoaters, or galvanising shop for parts for an E36, because after all is said and done, it's just an E36. For me that was part of the fun of owning the E30. The little projects are so enjoyable.

Does anyone else feel that once you've been bitten by this bug it will never truly leave you?

A good buddy of mine has a beautiful E30, and we went to the 'Ring together recently. Lapping in the E36 M3 was awesome, much faster than the S14, but guess which had me smiling the most? Yep, you guessed it - the E30.

I plan to take my time in finding another nice one, and once I have it - never sell it!

Looking forward to subscribing fully to the sickness again gentlemen.

Ollie

Good to hear from you Ollie! Has it been 8 months already? You should go after that Red one in Ireland...see the classifieds below!

Welcome back,

John

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
      Good to hear from you Ollie! Has it been 8 months already? You should go after that Red one in Ireland...see the classifieds below!

Welcome back,

John
      Hi John,

Thanks very much :-) I think it was only a matter of time wasn't it?

I saw that Irish one, but already have one red M3 (E36) lol!

Ollie

Comment

Seems like the story of many who thought they could move on with the next one, but
        who can deny the undeniable!?

Comment

Are you keeping the e36 also? It looked real nice at the ring, when we spoke. We did speak didn't we?

Steve
          Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by -Ollie- View Post
            Hi Guys,

Having been without an E30 M3 for about 8 months now, I don't think I can resist it any longer. I am going to begin in ernest the search for another. [peace]

I've been tracking an E36 M3 with a good friend of mine, done some 'Ring trips etc and although the E36 is ludicrously fast (weighs around 1200 kg's I guess) I'm just not getting the same sense of satisfaction modding it as I did with the E30. I've come to realise it's not just about driving them, it's as much about ownership in my opinion. There's no point spending money at a powdercoaters, or galvanising shop for parts for an E36, because after all is said and done, it's just an E36. For me that was part of the fun of owning the E30. The little projects are so enjoyable.

Does anyone else feel that once you've been bitten by this bug it will never truly leave you?

A good buddy of mine has a beautiful E30, and we went to the 'Ring together recently. Lapping in the E36 M3 was awesome, much faster than the S14, but guess which had me smiling the most? Yep, you guessed it - the E30.

I plan to take my time in finding another nice one, and once I have it - never sell it!

Looking forward to subscribing fully to the sickness again gentlemen.

Ollie
            welcome back! And I have for a long time agreed... The E36 M3 and E46 M3 and the E92 M3 all are FAST... but none give you that silly grin like the E30 M3.. good luck in your search...
            Mark Williams
            Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevesingo View Post
              Are you keeping the e36 also? It looked real nice at the ring, when we spoke. We did speak didn't we?

Steve
              Hi Steve,

Absolutely mate, yeah we did speak :-)

it's gone through quite a change since then, fully stripped, race loom, BBK, race wheels, buckets, polycarbonate windows etc etc! It's an absolute riot!

Don't think I could sell it anyway, having brought me safely home from a couple of 'Ring trips I've grown quite attached to it.

Comment

My wife, and kids ask me all the time why don't I sell mine and get a new car. They just don't get it. It's the ONLY car I have ever driven that when I drive it I get out with a huge smile, even when the car doesn't agree with me with a mind of its own. Although my son knows I will never sell mine.
                "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

Originally posted by StevesAlpine View Post
                  My wife, and kids ask me all the time why don't I sell mine and get a new car. They just don't get it. It's the ONLY car I have ever driven that when I drive it I get out with a huge smile, even when the car doesn't agree with me with a mind of its own. Although my son knows I will never sell mine.
                  I've got the same situation at my house. They just don't get it :shit:

Comment

I sold my M3 back in Sep 08...

After 18 months of missing it, I bought my current M3......It was the best feeling EVAR!

Now I have a second chance at building my "perfect" M3.

Comment

Good to see you are coming back to the fold Ollie.

My advice would be not to rush into it and buy the best you can afford. That way you will start with an excellent base.

I would love another, but then at the rate I'm going I'm only a shell away from another now.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to ownership again.

Originally posted by kundiboy View Post
                        Good to see you are coming back to the fold Ollie.

My advice would be not to rush into it and buy the best you can afford. That way you will start with an excellent base.

I would love another, but then at the rate I'm going I'm only a shell away from another now.
                        Dude, I can not come around yours again and see your beast, and know I am not at least looking for another of my own. [peace]

Like you say though, there is no rush. It's key I find a solid one that can be a keeper.

Comment

Where has this kind of posting been for the last 6 months? We need more of this kind of talk![peace]

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                          they are not idiots.

Comment

Well it's taken me 5.5 years to get back into the fold, but I'm finally collecting another E30 M3 tomorrow morning.

Beyond excited, lots to do, have some interesting plans!

Comment

Ollie, Congrats!

Please show us your new acquisition and let us know what you have planned!
                              1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                              1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                              1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Working...
                              X