Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Wow, the community has done some expanding and contracting... I don't feel so bad selling my M3 turbo project... I'm looking for a new replacement but in no rush as I'm building an 86 190E-16 to EVO1 specs... I can't wait to have them both again though. Great to see everyone getting back.

Leave a comment:

• ///Mflossin
    replied
    Congrats! I think that if you appreciate driving...you cannot deny the e30 M3. You will always come back. IMO, one of the best driver's ever built by any manufacturer ever. Can you get a car like this today? If you can, please steer me to it and I will happily consider buying it. They just don't exist...

Leave a comment:

• 99M3Riverside
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Boots View Post

Congrats on your purchase. Welcome back. but of course, I really didn't even know you sold your M3. LOL.
    Yeah, sold it during a house remodel 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Das Boots
    replied
    Originally posted by 99M3Riverside View Post
    Congrats, I sold my M3 2 years ago and just closed on an old J-stock a couple weeks ago. I heard it ariived while I have been on vacation in London.
    Congrats on your purchase. Welcome back. but of course, I really didn't even know you sold your M3. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• 99M3Riverside
    replied
    Congrats, I sold my M3 2 years ago and just closed on an old J-stock a couple weeks ago. I heard it ariived while I have been on vacation in London.

Leave a comment:

• fnb2121
    replied
    It seems a few of us have sold an M3 and have purchased another at some point. I sold my 89 zinno back in 2012 ( my first E30) and in 2015 I bought two M3's because I regretted selling the first one.

Leave a comment:

• erikm54life
    replied
    Congrats on your new acquisition !

I too was in the same boat as you...only in my case it was a 325is that I had and sold.

When i get all of my parts/story/facts together I'm going to post a very very interesting thread. I just acquired a pristine M3 for next to nothing with less than 40k miles on the clock.

Here in Nigeria the regular E30's can be bought for less than $1000 and the glorious M3 shares the same fate...If only they knew !!! The owner was a very wealthy man that had no need for such an old car and wanted to get rid of it, much to my benefit.

The car came with enough genuine BMW parts to fill the boot and upon opening the valve cover what we saw was sheer amazement....a cylinder head that looked brand new !!

I won't spill all the beans now and will create a separate thread in the near future for this amazing story.

Once again, congrats on your new purchase and know you'll have a blast with it !

Cheers

Erik

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied
    Congrats on finding another M3. I've driven the other M3s and yes, often times they are faster (unless autocrossing then the playing field is level or tilted toward the E30 a bit.) they just don't feel as good from behind the wheel. The 6 cyl versions all feel heavy in the front, and very heavy overall. The E30 on the other hand just feels light and nimble. There is just something about the E30 that is just right.

I look forward to seeing your new toy.

Will

Leave a comment:

• -Ollie-
    replied
    Originally posted by L James View Post
    Ollie, Congrats!

Please show us your new acquisition and let us know what you have planned!
    Cheers dude, am collecting tomorrow and will throw some pictures up! It's been off the roads for 5 years, and was a track weapon prior to that. It's been too heavily modified to go back to standard, so I'm planning a Clubsport type affair with it, tone it down a bit for the road and still be able to have fun when it gets to a circuit. These cars are crazy expensive in the UK now, circa 30K for anything remotely decent or road car like, track cars/projects are still circa 20K - bonkers given that I paid 8K for mine 7 years ago and it wasn't too bad at all really.

Leave a comment:

• L James
    replied
    Ollie, Congrats!

Please show us your new acquisition and let us know what you have planned!

Leave a comment:

• -Ollie-
    replied
    Well it's taken me 5.5 years to get back into the fold, but I'm finally collecting another E30 M3 tomorrow morning.

Beyond excited, lots to do, have some interesting plans!

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Where has this kind of posting been for the last 6 months? We need more of this kind of talk![peace]

Leave a comment:

• -Ollie-
    replied
    Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to ownership again.

Originally posted by kundiboy View Post
    Good to see you are coming back to the fold Ollie.

My advice would be not to rush into it and buy the best you can afford. That way you will start with an excellent base.

I would love another, but then at the rate I'm going I'm only a shell away from another now.
    Dude, I can not come around yours again and see your beast, and know I am not at least looking for another of my own. [peace]

Like you say though, there is no rush. It's key I find a solid one that can be a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• kundiboy
    replied
    Good to see you are coming back to the fold Ollie.

My advice would be not to rush into it and buy the best you can afford. That way you will start with an excellent base.

I would love another, but then at the rate I'm going I'm only a shell away from another now.

Leave a comment:

• euro3
    replied
    I sold my M3 back in Sep 08...

After 18 months of missing it, I bought my current M3......It was the best feeling EVAR!

Now I have a second chance at building my "perfect" M3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X