Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using this?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php

It looked like a good tool to get after I get my cams and A|N in there.

Anyone have it?
    1988 M3
    2012 335is
    1993 Civic Si

i need that thing BAD :-/

also check out the apex one, and tony had a nice one also, for cheap. PM him, HANDBLT
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Originally posted by mrsha007
      i need that thing BAD :-/

also check out the apex one, and tony had a nice one also, for cheap. PM him, HANDBLT
      I have this one, same one that Stan has also. The PDA software is top notch.

FJO WBO2

The very BEST mod you can do as far as a learning tool. This will tech you exactly what YOUR engine wants.

Tony
      Last edited by HANDBLT; 03-16-2004, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I have the Innovate unit. I needed it for my A/N conversion too. It works very well except that you CANNOT mount it anywhere before the cat converter. The exhaust is just too hot up there and the O2 sensor freaks out. It will effect your readings obviously if you install it post cat converter, but its not really enough to worry about since you should be running fatter anyway. The regular O2 sensor to the Motronic should take care of the fine adjustments at cruise.

I originally tried to install it directly in the factory O2 port but it overheated in about 3 revs off the idle. I then installed a port about 6" forward of the cat where it lasted a little longer than before but not much more than 10 minutes of part throttle cruising. Forget WOT runs with the sensor there.

I had a chance to use a friends Dyno for tuning so I jumped on that. He had a Motec wideband so I tuned with that. Shortly afterwards the tranny went for unknown reasons so I havent had the chance to try the Innovate again. I have a CR box going in an a few weeks so I will update everyone when I get a chance to try it out in a further location. For the record though, it was a thought that my buddy had that I overlooked. He thought that maybe because the baseline mixture from the A/N was so fat that I was possibly flaming down the headder a little which would definately overheat the sensor in no time. Perhaps no that I have things in line I will reinstall it in my second O2 port for a look.
        Last edited by wookie1976; 03-16-2004, 03:59 PM.

Comment

An A/F ratio mater is an excellent tool for mapping - both on the road and on the dyno. The only problem is you need to be on a dyno if you're looking to map the ignition - the air fule ration can only be used to map fuelling.
          Steve
          Scottish Cecotto

Comment

Originally posted by wookie1976
            I have the Innovate unit. I needed it for my A/N conversion too. It works very well except that you CANNOT mount it anywhere before the cat converter. The exhaust is just too hot up there and the O2 sensor freaks out. It will effect your readings obviously if you install it post cat converter, but its not really enough to worry about since you should be running fatter anyway. The regular O2 sensor to the Motronic should take care of the fine adjustments at cruise.

I originally tried to install it directly in the factory O2 port but it overheated in about 3 revs off the idle. I then installed a port about 6" forward of the cat where it lasted a little longer than before but not much more than 10 minutes of part throttle cruising. Forget WOT runs with the sensor there.

For the record though, it was a thought that my buddy had that I overlooked. He thought that maybe because the baseline mixture from the A/N was so fat that I was possibly flaming down the headder a little which would definately overheat the sensor in no time. Perhaps no that I have things in line I will reinstall it in my second O2 port for a look.
            I was having 'problems' reading your post up till the last paragraph. I am running a Techedge WBO2 sensor mounted just before the cats with no problems whatsoever. No overheating, nothing.

As the L1H1 sensor uses the same temp range as the LSU-1 sensor I would think something else was wrong when you had the overheating problems.

As you state yourself: the readings behind the cat are not exactly exact. And that's precisily the point of having a WBO2 sensor in the first place: real-time, accurate A/F readings...

Give it a second try!

Adwo

Comment

Originally posted by Adwo
              As you state yourself: the readings behind the cat are not exactly exact. And that's precisily the point of having a WBO2 sensor in the first place: real-time, accurate A/F readings...
              Adwo
              "...not exactly exact." Hehe.

I too will be using the TechEdge WB.

Adwo, you installed this right before the cat flange right? (That is, in the header not the cat section.) Thanks.

-Dietrich

Comment

In theory, for the fastest response and accuracy, the sensor should be as close to the ports as possible, but seeing the signal from each cylinder. Unless you're any good with welding/fabrication, this really means the original location.
                Steve
                Scottish Cecotto

Comment

anyone know of a unit that has pocket pc support not just palm support like the one posted?

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
                    "...not exactly exact." Hehe.

I too will be using the TechEdge WB.

Adwo, you installed this right before the cat flange right? (That is, in the header not the cat section.) Thanks.

-Dietrich
                    Dietrich,

Yes, I used the same location as you can see at Gustave's site:

http://www.e30m3performance.com/inst...r/GpA_hdr2.htm

Last pic on the bottom.

Regards,

Adwo

Comment

Originally posted by vodomagoo
                      anyone know of a unit that has pocket pc support not just palm support like the one posted?
                      Nope. The FJO is the only one that has a PDA feature. There are others but they all use thier own stand alone EMS for a controller. The FJO actually runs the new 2-1/6" gauge and the PDA at the same time.

T

Comment

Oh and the new updated software (not shown on the website) has some seriously badass features for ease of use and simpistic screen shots. I love this thing. It is never ending with things you can log and troubleshoot not just AFR's. If I can figure out how to save a screen shot I'll post one of the PDA under monitoring mode.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by vodomagoo
                          Too bad they don't support Pocket PC.
                          It may be possible to run the software in QPose palm emulator on a Pocket PC, but then you'd still have the problem of the cable connection.

Comment

Working...
                          X