formal hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formal hello

Its about time to say HI to everyone here.:p I live in the L.A. area and I've been a lurker for a while now. I have an 89 diamond black that has been sitting for over a year due to school, money, oh and a crank pulley that flew off on the freeway. I'll be graduating soon so I want to gather info ahead of time from you guys, the real experts(I've been out of the m3 loop a while now). BTW, I also owned an 88 that I totalled in my young-and-dumb phase years ago. That said, you'll be seeing me here often asking questions about reviving the M3. Here she is, sitting...

Pierre

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
    E30 M3 Wiki
    My Youtube Channel
    E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Nice to have you aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the board!
      I guess you'll be done this spring. Congrats!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

welcome

Comment

Hey good to see yah, the car looks like its in really great condition. Well the exterior anyway, heh. Hope you get it back on the road soon.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome. What part of LA are you in? There's quite a few members from SoCal on this board.

Comment

Welcome. Cali must have the most population of E30 M3s.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm in the San Gabriel Valley.

E30 M3 Wiki
                  My Youtube Channel

Comment

That thing is on there with 319ft-lbs, how the hell did it come off?

It should be a easy fix, get new pulley, install, get new belts.

I can't stand to have my car down for that long.

Welcome....

Do not click
                    At least it's German

Comment

A little history...

I bought the car very cheap a couple years ago. I knew the car wasnt perfect but thought it had potential. The only thing I saw wrong was the noisy timing chain and need of a good tune up. As an M3 nut, the price was good and every "OK" example should get some TLC.:p It may not be cheap, but its the love I guess.

As to the crank pulley...I was on the highway going to school one day when my engine started to misfire. About a minute later the temp gauge slowly started to climb then it died. Luckily I rolled onto an exit ramp and parked it. Popped the hood and instantly noticed the crank pulley sitting on the under side of the bumper. Obviously, the temp rose because of the lack of a belt, and the engine died without output from the alternator(the battery was low due to the alternator being weak). I'm glad I didn't put a fresh battery that would have prolonged the engine without cooling.

Pierre

E30 M3 Wiki
                      My Youtube Channel

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Did the keyway on the crank get damaged? Or is the woodruff key still anchored correctly in the crank?

Comment

I'm new to the board as well.. Hello from San Francisco, Cali. I'm getting Vlad's 91 M3 yeaaaahaaa.. I cannot wait. :-) Vlad hurry up and ship bro!!! I'm not new to BMW, I used to own 318is, ACS e36 M3, E39 528is and x5 4.4i sp. But all of those cars, except e36 m3 are nothing. Cant wait get back to my roots... Ship Vlad Ship.http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/m3_...bum?.dir=/456c
                            Last edited by m3_junkie; 03-18-2004, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM
                              Did the keyway on the crank get damaged? Or is the woodruff key still anchored correctly in the crank?
                              Sorry for the ignorance...what is that?

E30 M3 Wiki
                              My Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X