Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-MAC Adjustable Strut Plates with Turner JS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-MAC Adjustable Strut Plates with Turner JS?

Group,

I am planning on installing K-MAC adjustable camber/Castor plates with my Turner J-Stock suspension. Some reports indicate that the red Poly will tear around the bearings and the strut may pop thru and hit the hood.

Is this a safe setup or are the struts too stiff for the plates?

Any recommendations?

I've heard good things about K-Mac and bad things. More bad things as I speak with more people about them. K-Mac has been out done by other companies but if you already bought them, then I can't say anything. We run fixed camber plates on our J-stock setup Henna.

Comment

It sounds like you have already bought them. IF they are new, It shouldn't be too big of a problem. if they are used, then I would check often.

If you haven't bought them. the ground control plates are only $299, offer easier adjustments, and I believe more adjustability. I'm putting my set in sometime before sunday

not to be rude, but it seams that most people that run kmacs still, are the same group that thinks a MAF or alpha-n is an unreliable setup. this group is dying or changing over to new technology slowly, but they seam to be a group that does not want to change
      Last edited by Eric; 03-17-2004, 08:25 AM.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
        It sounds like you have already bought them. IF they are new, It shouldn't be too big of a problem. if they are used, then I would check often.

If you haven't bought them. the ground control plates are only $299, offer easier adjustments, and I believe more adjustability. I'm putting my set in sometime before sunday

not to be rude, but it seams that most people that run kmacs still, are the same group that thinks a MAF or alpha-n is an unreliable setup. this group is dying or changing over to new technology slowly, but they seam to be a group that does not want to change
        The Ground control units are for coil overs, I have stock strut tubes, I bought a set before finding this out so I have a set of G/C plates that will wait till I go Coil over.

For now, I am using the K-MACs like it or lump it. I will be very particular about inspecting them as often as i check the oil, so now I have another question.

What should the Camber/Castor/Toe be set at for a Track/Autocross/Street setup. I can have it set for one and move them for different applications but what is a good base line?

Search yielded zero toe, max camber as a normal track setup, but no info on castor.

Comment

EDIT:

I scrapped the K-Mac idea and went with IRELAND engineering Street adj. Camber plates and new upper strut bearings.

Thanks for the feedback. I will report on the Ireland stuff when I get the car back.

Matt

Comment

GC used to make non coil over plates from their coil ones, but they stopped doing that. Ireland Engineering makes some relaly nice ones.
            "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
            "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
            onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

even though uve scraped them at the next cca auto x you can take a look at mine. have had them for 3 years now no problems at all with h&r coilovers

Shes sold now :(

Comment

I'm running the K-macs and I've had no problems with them. I'm too cheap to buy some new camber plates and install them (I'm also too busy with other projects). I do check them every once in a while though. Some day I'll upgrade to some GC stuff.
                Bryan K.
                Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

Working...
                X