Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could something like these (pedals) be made for our cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could something like these (pedals) be made for our cars?

http://mz3.net/articles/189.html

not that we really need it, but every bit helps i say.

looks better than it runs :/

I'm positive he makes a set for E30's. He's been selling them in the Roundel for years! I find it hard to believe that they don't get slippery when wet.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

sweet. the heel-toe adaptation looks really practical, but seeing as i heel-toe by reflex, it may just be redundant. anyone have any feedback on this?

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

I've got pedal covers in my Golf - crap with wet feet. Maybe helpful for heel&towing, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.
        Steve
        Scottish Cecotto

Comment

The pedals from John Skaggs will indeed fit out cars. I've had a set waiting to be put on since last summer, but they match up perfectly based on my holding them in place. Also, from driving two other e36s w/ them, they are much better than the ACS pedals when wet (or dry, for that matter).

They're very well made and packaged, although he only produces them in batches at a time so you need to email him to get on the list for the next run. Worth the wait in my opinion, if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

I'd didn't get the heel toe pedal, although you can order both and decide which you want after the fact.

Don't confuse these with the crap from AutoZone...they're quality pieces.
          Last edited by Chris F.; 03-17-2004, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I would like the pedals in smooth aluminum, so you could just put 3M grip tape one them. I mean the coarse sandpaper like non-skid tape you see on stairs and whatnot. I think that stuff would be perfect on the brake and clutch pedals, and smooth aluminum would work fine on the gas pedal.

Comment

Couldn't you just do that with the regular pedals? Use an maybe use some double sided tape in between to smooth out the bumps.

Comment

Go to the dealer and buy two new Rubber Pedal Pads. The fresh rubber is suprisingly grippy and they are dirt cheap. I replaced mine and was impressed with the grip of brand new OEM pedal pads.They still suck in the wet, but most metal ones do too.

Remember guys, most stock pedal covers are over 13 years old, rubber drys out and gets slick.

Try this first, it's worth the $20 bucks.

Comment

skateboard grip tape, works wonders

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Working...
                  X