Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blyguy
    replied
    I have had a so-so experience with my Vorshlag motor mounts.I have the white nylon mounts installed 2 1/2 years ago. They have not failed but the top of the passenger side mount has moved and the nylon portion is bowing out. I've been on the track twice with them and the rest has been daily driving.

There is more vibration than stock and they firm up the driveline, so that is a plus. I don't think they're more durable than stock, and I don't know about 740i mounts. I will probably try the 740i next.

I agree with Bruce, that your mounts look overtorqued in order for them to fail like that. The thread on the top pic looks sheared off.

-Bryant

Leave a comment:

• Bruce
    replied
    I would say they were overtorqued.

Leave a comment:

• M-tinker
    started a topic Durability of aftermarket motor mounts

Durability of aftermarket motor mounts

Last week I found both of the motor mounts were broken. One had a broken stud, on the other the stud had come loose from the inside and grounded the thread around it. Luckily I discovered the problem before the time trial weekend and was able to put back the old mounts.

Has anyone experienced similar problem with aftermarket mounts, esp for cars that see mostly track duty? Mine are Vorshlag 70A Poly mounts. I'm thinking of using 740i motor mounts in hope of getting factory part durability.

-Fred
    Attached Files
Working...
X