Inspection trouble!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection trouble!!

Attention anyone with a 2.5, hot cams(evo 2 or bigger), and motorsport valve springs!...This is what i have and i failed my emmissions inspection big time...anyone with a similar setup who can give me advice about passing this? THanks alot everybody,peace-hugh
    Last edited by Diplomat; 03-20-2004, 03:56 AM.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

My guess would be piston rings or cat if you are failing badly. It is was an oxygen sensor or timing a little off then it wouldn't fail too badly. Has your car been emission inspected since you did your 2.5 conversion? Maybe the rings weren't seated right causing some oil in the cylinder. Also check the cat by hitting it with a rubber mallet with a cloth between it and listen for rattles.

PS. I don't really know what I'm talking about but no one else has responded. haha
      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
        PS. I don't really know what I'm talking about but no one else has responded.
        good times

Originally posted by drinaldis
        I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Take the car on the highway any drive it real hard to get out the carbon, plus it will get your cat hotter which makes it work more effectlivly. My car passed no problem a few years back with my 2.5 with evo 3 cams and a supersprint resonator on.

Comment

glad i dont have to worry about that $h!t. my car would faaaaail
            1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
              My guess would be piston rings or cat if you are failing badly. It is was an oxygen sensor or timing a little off then it wouldn't fail too badly. Has your car been emission inspected since you did your 2.5 conversion? Maybe the rings weren't seated right causing some oil in the cylinder. Also check the cat by hitting it with a rubber mallet with a cloth between it and listen for rattles.

PS. I don't really know what I'm talking about but no one else has responded. haha

my car was 700% (yes percent) worse than CARB regulations. I changed the O2 sensor, and negative temp sensor. That didn't help much, but then I changed my AFM and CAT with Jeremia (dezz2nutz4u) and the car passed like a champ.

for a 2.5 with hot cams, I would get a alpha-n kit. get the thing all set up and running nice, then lean it out to make it pass the sniffer. Plus you'll get a bunch of HP to boot

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
              they are not idiots.

Comment

Working...
              X