Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info needed on interior

evening all.
    i am looking for info on the material used to cover the houndstooth seats in the m3.the bolster is worn in my 320is and need to replace it. any one know where i can get the material to recover the bolster? my 320is has a m3 interior not the 325 sport one
    Last edited by paddy; 03-08-2011, 11:24 AM.

Is bolster houndstooth or plain?

These people may be able to help. There is a houndstooth about half way down the BMW page.

http://www.westtrading.nl/
    Peter

sigpic

Comment

the bolster is plain the interior fabric is houndstooth. thanks very much for the link

Comment

Paddy,

As far as I know there are two diffrent colours for houndstooth , the very early M3's had a tan houndstooth and the slightly later ones had grey , very hard to come by the tan version all material NLA and not too sure about availability of the grey .

My bolster was slightly worn but i managed to buy a full set of seats , swopped a good bolster from the seats i bought onto my original seat and then resold the set I bought .

Even if you can get some new material it will stand out like a sore thumb unless you retrim all the seats (expensive option) at least if you can find a used seat with good bolster theres a better chance of the material matching .

Or would you be able to salvage enough material from this seat to make a bolster cover .
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-3-Series-E...item3365c682b8

Hope this helps .

Comment

Originally posted by bbsrs View Post
          Paddy,
          As far as I know there are two diffrent colours for houndstooth , the very early M3's had a tan houndstooth and the slightly later ones had grey , very hard to come by the tan version all material NLA and not too sure about availability of the grey .
          The bolster material is NLA. the rest I can get....
          Kevin
          I can no longer get the Evo plaid but looking at having some made.

Houndstooth no worries there.

We've got you covered
          www.seatkit.com
          Your DIY upholstery source
          [email protected]

Comment

Interesting, are these materials all from genuine BMW cloth or copies of the originals?

Comment

Originally posted by bbsrs View Post
              Interesting, are these materials all from genuine BMW cloth or copies of the originals?
              I was told all original left overs but who really knows my sources are in Germany. I will tell you though if it is replicated they are a perfect match. The wool on the houndstooth is spot on in comparison to the OEM factory cover that I have.
              The plaids are all wool except the Evo cloth looks to be a cotton poly blend.
              Kevin

We've got you covered
              www.seatkit.com
              Your DIY upholstery source
              [email protected]

Comment

Call Richard at Fritz Bits. When I was down there they had a number of Houndstooth seat covers and interiors. I'm sure he could find something to match.

He's a lovely bloke to deal with as well. Either Richard really (his son who works with him is called Richard too).

Comment

thanks for all the info. great advice on the interior option bbsrs.it is the bolster which is a plain grey/green colour i need. the houndstooth is perfect just worn bolster. i have a tan houndstooth in my auto318 but not willing to cut up interior for a bolster. the is is sold but the guy who has it wants to make it perfect

Comment

Hi,
                    New box arrived last week, great news BMW has reproduced the bolster material with big thanks to Delotcrew on s14net who seen it through from kick off to delivery, I brought 6 meters which will be plenty to cover my seats and some left over. The roll is approx 1.8 meters wide.

Possibly may have sold out first batch already.

Dave.

Photo alongside genuine new houndstooth fabric I brought from eBay DE some while ago.

E30 M3 1987
                    Mini Clubman GT
                    BMW E36 323 Msport
                    Toyota Corona
                    KTM 200EXC
                    Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Thats great but the pictures are not coming up. i only need a few meters of it if i can. be great to get my seat fixed it is a m3 hounds tooth interior so hope i can match it

Comment

Funny thing is when I login the photos can be viewed and cannot see them when I log out, picasa where I have the photos stored is now controlled by google photos and I can not work out how to edit the album setting to allow sharing and think that is the problem.

Thanks LJames not sure why viewing is a problem, so reposting and hope problem solved.
                        Dave.

E30 M3 1987
                        Mini Clubman GT
                        BMW E36 323 Msport
                        Toyota Corona
                        KTM 200EXC
                        Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

• L James
                          L James commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can see the photos... Not sure if others can as well.
                          Question: Is the album set to Public?
                          Last edited by L James; 09-21-2016, 11:57 PM.

Can't see the third photo.
                        Terrance

Comment

Thanks, the third photo just shows the p/n label. P/n 51 921 976 910.

E30 M3 1987
                          Mini Clubman GT
                          BMW E36 323 Msport
                          Toyota Corona
                          KTM 200EXC
                          Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

super i can see the first two. is it bmw that is doing the material now with the part no you provided?

Comment

Working...
                            X