Sultan of Brunei's E30 M3 Convertible WBSBB05090EB86177

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sultan of Brunei's E30 M3 Convertible WBSBB05090EB86177

Hi S14 Friends, BMW Car and Total BMW both shared my dream BMW M3 in their April articles of the Japan Evolutions converted by BMW M division. Yes, these cars are cool but they are NOT the most collectible and NOT the first despite being 1988 cars. This status belongs solely to the Royal Brunei Yellow E30 M3 Convertible made as a LHD by BMW and converted by BMW Motorsport to RHD for the Sultan of Brunei. This is understood to be the Sultan's ONLY E30 M3 and it took BMW M almost 2 years to make it and everything is custom on it. BMW AG will be able to confirm WBSBB05090EB86177 as a Factory converted RHD just like Ferrari will confirm they they converted Ferrari F40s (7 units) and Ferrari F50s (5 units) for the Sultan. I know the BMW Dealer in Singapore called Performance Motors have been after Brunei BMWs for almost 15 years. I know Munich Legends have sold an ex-Sultan of Brunei E31.

THE SULTAN OF BRUNEI ONLY OWNS RIGHT HAND DRIVE CARS!!!!! IN BRUNEI ONLY RHD CARS ARE ALLOWED TO BE ROAD REGISTERED AND ALL THE SULTAN'S CARS ARE REGISTERED IN BRUNEI. PLEASE CHECK THIS VERY IMPORTANT FACT FOR YOURSELVES. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE AND THE REASON WHY ALL THE SULTAN'S CARS ARE RHD.

This details Brunei's strict laws for RHD only ordered by the Sultan:

http://www.bruneiroadsafety.org.bn/r...tion/index.htm

http://www.bruneicartrade.com/used-v...ion-in-brunei/

This details an un-updated list of the Sultan's cars (that lists WBSBB05090EB86177 with Brunei registration BK7105):

http://www.germancarforum.com/pit-ge...ollection.html

This link details photos of some of his cars (notice they are special and ALL RHD!)

http://www.supercars.net/gallery/129612/976/6.html

This link details the state of his collection:

http://www.0-60mag.com/news/2011/03/...brunei-garage/

This link shows his Ferrari collection:

http://www.ferrari-collection.net/sultan/index3.html

http://www.s14.net/forums/images/smi...smiley-048.gif

Don't want to sound rude but there is no need to post the same text several times.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Hi Uwe good morning to you. I want to get help from S14 to find the S14 that I dream about. I have been searching for this Sultan of Brunei E30 M3 Convertible for a very long time and I now just want to know about any more factory BMW RHD conversions. This article got me very excited and over the years I have spoken to BMW Singapore and BMW Malaysia who BOTH recalled other factory converted examples being delivered to VIP customers in Asia during the 1980s. Let me know if you can help and happy motoring. Cheers Sing

Comment

Hi Sing, welcome. The truth is BMW didn't do many of these as you can see but Birds (Hartge dealer in UK) did circa 70 of these and it they're pretty well sorted exception for the steering rack which used the slower 325i unit.

I'm restoring a RHD M3 E30 at the moment and converting the steering to use the faster Z3 1.9 RHD rack.

Please check your Private Message box.

Comment

Originally posted by Lau Sing's M3 passio View Post
          Hi Uwe good morning to you. I want to get help from S14 to find the S14 that I dream about. I have been searching for this Sultan of Brunei E30 M3 Convertible for a very long time and I now just want to know about any more factory BMW RHD conversions. This article got me very excited and over the years I have spoken to BMW Singapore and BMW Malaysia who BOTH recalled other factory converted examples being delivered to VIP customers in Asia during the 1980s. Let me know if you can help and happy motoring. Cheers Sing
          do you own the white car stated in your fact file?

Comment

Hi Uwe no sadly I have sold it when I left UK. I tried to put ex-car but the site did not allow me. My car was just a basic version and it wad LHD. Cheers Sing

Comment

Hi Uwe no sadly I have sold it when I left UK. I tried to put ex-car but the site did not allow me. My car was just a basic version and it wad LHD. Cheers Sing
              I seem to remember a similar cenario a few years back. IRRC it was thew president of the Hong Kong BMW car club looking for an M3. If not mistaken he bought a LHD from a friend of mine.

Maybe you should get in touch with him.

What springs to my mind, if there really is a LHD from the Sultan of Brunei, WHY would he sell it? And how much do you think this car is worth IF it's a factory supplied RHD M3?
              Collectors will be offering horrendous amounts. Are you willing to match their offers?
              Last edited by UweM3; 03-28-2011, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Uwe I do have a budget unfortunately. But I don't think RHD convertibles are for everyone and as I think most S14 mbers prefer coupes. Even one this rare should still be within my budget. I have saved for a good number of years and can wait.
                Did you see the links I sent you about the Sultan of Brunei's cars? Do some of your own digging and you will find what I have. There are THOUSANDS of RHD cars dying in Brunei. They will be in the market at some point and think that despite their low miles that they will still need a lot of work and workshops in Asia are cheaper for labour. I am prepared to do what needs to be done. Cheers! Sing

Comment

so what does google proof? That somebody has too much money and collects cars?

Comment

Hi Uwe. Not to sound mean but Google searches proves many things. Please keep your mind and eyes open and you can see clearly.
                    The Sultan of Brunei is the world's biggest collector of special RHD sports cars. When he puts them up for sale the opportunity will be huge for all of us who like RHD vehicles. We can all get them then because there will not be enough demand for them in the market. Hope you don't mind. Cheers! Sing

Comment

Hi Uwe and fellow S14 fans simply put Brunei represents a great opportunity to secure rare RHD BMWs!

Comment

I am surprised that the sultan would not be able to get around the RHD requirement.

Comment

The Sultan CREATED this requirement. Brunei is a RHD country by his choice.

Comment

Hi Colin, this is why I encourage you ALL to do a little research on your own. Google is just a great reseach tool. Then you will ALL understand. Start with the links I sent. You can only seize opportunity if you can spot it. Do yourselves a favor and search. It is all there. THOUSANDS of low mileage cars rotting in a tropical climate country.
                            Brunei will offer RHD modern classic car lovers with the opportunity of a lifetime. Classic 80s and 90s BMW and Mercedes Fans rejoice! Cheers! Sing

Comment

Hi Colin, this is why I encourage you ALL to do a little research on your own. Google is just a great reseach tool. Then you will ALL understand. Start with the links I sent. You can only seize opportunity if you can spot it. Do yourselves a favor and search. It is all there. THOUSANDS of low mileage cars rotting in a tropical climate country.
                              Brunei will offer RHD modern classic car lovers with the opportunity of a lifetime. Classic 80s and 90s BMW and Mercedes Fans rejoice! Cheers! Sing
                              What do we need to research and WHY?
                              Is there a "for sale of RHD Sultan of Brunei cars" website?
                              I don't understand why you think everybody has to be so excited about this "opportunity"? If you are, good for you. I couldn't give a monkey.
                              If iy runs warm down you leg to have the only RHD M3 in the world, fine by me.

But what I really do NOT understand, if there is only one or a small number of RHD M3's or even just ONE for sale, why on earth are you trying to point everybody else to it if YOU are so desperate to buy it?? I would keep my mounth shut and pray that I have enough money to buy it. So explain that please.

Comment

Working...
                              X