Does anyone have a pic of the VIS CF hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a pic of the VIS CF hood

I wanna see the VIS euro R carbon fiber hood for the e30. Do any of you have a pic of that hood? They say it look like the hood on the e46 m3. But i couldn't find one on their site of r cars

didn't know VIS made different hoods, but here are some of my VIS hood

sorry I don't have any closups

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
    they are not idiots.

Comment

Does your hood have the typical VIS problem where the hood meets the fender and cowl area on the passenger side (the point), it dips in?
      Chris
      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I was just on the phone with them, and they said they make a hood like the e46 m3 with the bubble in the cowl, and hood vents, and two triangle air intkaes in the font of it. they said I could have it for cheaper than normal if I send pics of it on my car after I get it painted pearl white with house of kolor blue pearl
        also, how is the quality of their products, they said they were in the process of making a CF sunroof. and CF mirrors
        Last edited by Morgan; 03-22-2004, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I'm going to order this euro r hood in a week and a half, basically when I have the money for it. I think that the hood needs to be a little differnt than the normal e30.

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
            Does your hood have the typical VIS problem where the hood meets the fender and cowl area on the passenger side (the point), it dips in?
            yup, I spaced it out, and it still made a mess of my paint:grr: That is the only part I don't like about the hood. Hopefully they will corect it.

Morgan - so are you saying that VIS is making a hood with the M3 bump in it? or does it have the big GTR vents in it too? that might look cool, or look like ass

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
            they are not idiots.

Comment

yes it does has them both, and the triangle air intake holes in the front

Comment

morgan, i have seen the hood. i dont like it. ask them to send you a picture of it.
                "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

really, you don't think it looks good? Whats wrong with it?

Comment

I'd guess the bump in the middle, the vents, and the ducts.

Comment

Originally posted by mpwolf

Comment

Originally posted by mpwolf
                        im with this guy
                        "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                        "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                        onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

I think it would look weird but what part of it doesn't good, the bump or the vents, or the intake or all of it. I mean isn't the vents a good thing for our cars, to let the pressure from the air coming in the grill out of under the hood. but i'm not to keen on the bump and the intake would not be that bad
                          Last edited by Morgan; 03-23-2004, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I think you will soon find that the majority of people frequenting this site (and E30 M3 owners in general) aren't real into the ricey looking aftermarket parts.....this by your description seems to fall in that category. It could be good looking for all I know....but any sort of description of a part that would mimic an e46 M3 (bump in the hood)...is sacrilage around here......

Then again I have replica M-Parallels on my car,,,so throw everything I just said out the window

Comment

Tons of people have Evo 3 wing and the evo 2 spilter and evo 3 spliter, and differnet rims that they just for the look and the purpose they serve, I mean no afence to any one becuase I plan on doing the same. I know they are BMW parts but still they are for EVO 2's, and 3's not the U.S model so I think that fits into the ricer area. I think that that hood would be good becuase it would have purpose, not like some huge whale tail wing that makes more up force than down, or some nonworking air intake in the hood like mustangs. If I could get a hood with just the vents in it would take that becuase they would release the up-force in our engine bay. And I haven't even seen that hood yet so I bet I won't like the look of the total ricer, I'm tring to get him to send me a pic before I buy it. other wise I think I'm going to get the stock, carbon fiber one

Comment

Working...
                              X