Does anyone have a pic of the VIS CF hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgan
    Tons of people have Evo 3 wing and the evo 2 spilter and evo 3 spliter, and differnet rims that they just for the look and the purpose they serve, I mean no afence to any one becuase I plan on doing the same. I know they are BMW parts but still they are for EVO 2's, and 3's not the U.S model so I think that fits into the ricer area. I think that that hood would be good becuase it would have purpose, not like some huge whale tail wing that makes more up force than down, or some nonworking air intake in the hood like mustangs. If I could get a hood with just the vents in it would take that becuase they would release the up-force in our engine bay. And I haven't even seen that hood yet so I bet I won't like the look of the total ricer, I'm tring to get him to send me a pic before I buy it. other wise I think I'm going to get the stock, carbon fiber one
    first off, you have your I's crossed and your T's dotted. Evo parts are used for function, not to make our cars look like they were made as an evo 2/3 from the factory. Ricer is form over function, most evo parts arent even close to that in fact they are vice versa.

second of all, you just bit your self in the butt, stating that evo parts on non evo cars are kinda rice, what about e46 parts on non e46 cars...?

third of all, i work with VIS and im telling you, the hood is ugly. and thats not a matter of opinion, its a fact.
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Yep, If you really love the E30 M3, you should not use non E30 M3 parts on a E30 M3 !!!
      Upgrates to E2 or E3 looks are oké. But I don`t like E2 front with E3 rear. Go E2 all the way or E3 all the way. Mixing E2 and E3 looks rice to me !
      sigpic

Comment

morgan,
        it's your car, do what you want with it.

mark

Ruining Motorsport one M3 at a time...

Comment

Damn, I had some points to make but closed the browser on accident. Anyway, by your logic, i'd say 90% of the people on here are "ricers."

E3 wing = rice?
          "M3" door sills = rice?
          evo wheels = rice?
          euro tow hook covers = rice?
          E34/E36 wheels = rice?

c'mon now, guys, these are not only upgrades but factory upgrades. I don't think there's anything wrong with upgrading to euro-only parts. At least they are factory parts made for the car.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

No i have no problem with the evo parts at all I know they are their for a means. And I will take you word on if you have seen the hood I trust the people on this board becuase they have a very good sence of this car and they know their shit. Most all of you have the same taste as I do. i didn't mean to come off as I want to rice out my car I think it is the finest car ever made bar none. I'm just all for trying things that my help the car. most of the time they don't but hey im learning. the way I look at that hood was huge weight reduction and a way to make it have less down force but if it is as ugly as you guy say I will take your word

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan
              No i have no problem with the evo parts at all I know they are their for a means. And I will take you word on if you have seen the hood I trust the people on this board becuase they have a very good sence of this car and they know their shit. Most all of you have the same taste as I do. i didn't mean to come off as I want to rice out my car I think it is the finest car ever made bar none. I'm just all for trying things that my help the car. most of the time they don't but hey im learning. the way I look at that hood was huge weight reduction and a way to make it have less down force but if it is as ugly as you guy say I will take your word
              yea. trust me i have NOTHING against diffrent mods, i have the most "riced" car on the board, but some parts are just tooo ugly and/or dont fit the car. the hood is one of them. get tak to email you a picture. i was at the shop when they showed me one, i wanted to tell them not to make it, it wont sell, but then i thought about it, i see lots of riced e30's in LA, so i held back.

BTW, nothing wrong with hood vents. check out alex's car, or e30m3performance.com

in the end, do what you want, like mark said.

peace
              shahe
              "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
              "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
              onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Working...
              X