Tire fit on Schnitzer Type I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire fit on Schnitzer Type I

Sorry...another of these questions but couldn't find the answers I needed.

I have 17" Schnitzer Type 1 - the original S3 E30 M3 ones that fit straight on. 17x7.5 et 17 and 17x8.5 et 20

Was ideally thinking 225/40/17 on the back (?) but can't seem to find anything in New Zealand with that sizing anymore. So would I need to go 215/40/17 on the front and 235/40/17 on the back ?

Car has got H&R Sport springs, fractionly lower, nothing extreme.

Thanks !

I have the same wheels. I ran 235/40 rear and 215/40 front.

Comment

Ahh, cool thanks :-) And apart from the fact you can't rotate them, that setup worked and drove well ?

Comment

Yes was fine.

Comment

Man its hard to find decent tires in those sizes keeping the same make and model front and back.

It has been suggested I could try a 245/35/17 on the rear (8.5) - has anyone any experience with that ?

Comment

Yoko s-drives were available in both sizes.

Comment

I went with 215/40/17 front and 245/35/17 rear and liked that set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by luve30 View Post
                I went with 215/40/17 front and 245/35/17 rear and liked that set-up.
                Thanks.

Was that on a 8.5 width rim also ? Tire didn't look to wide for the rim ?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWalter View Post
                  Thanks.

Was that on a 8.5 width rim also ? Tire didn't look to wide for the rim ?
                  Yes, 7.5" on front and 8.5" on back. Here's what it looked like:

Comment

Looks pretty good. Still finding very Limited tire selection in both 235 and 245 options though. Has anyone tried 215/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear ? A lot more options in that combo !

Comment

would be interested to know what the tire size was from factory ...

Comment

I have read that factory was 215/40 and 245/35. Toyo T1R are the only tire I can find in that size combo in New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                        X