Throttle body torx screws part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body torx screws part numbers

I am replacing some of the stripper screws and nuts that hold the throttle body gasket to the throttle body #28 (13541308909 & 11311736326) and the ones that hold the whole thing to the head #31(13541308911 & 13651353339), but since there are 2 different pat numbers for each I have no idea which ones I need. If I need both part numbers for each what quantity? Please let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	throttle body.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	846767

Its always nice if you provide a link to the diagram you are referencing, for future reference.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...82&hg=13&fg=15

Now in regards to the bolts that hold the TB gaskets to the TB, there are technically 2 different lengths as shown, a 6x 16 and a 6x20. As you notice on the 6x20 it calls for 4 in qauntity, this is do to the locating dowels. Anytime you use a locating dowel you have to counter bore the hole thus making the same thread depth deeper.

So in this case you would need 4 of the 20's and however many of the standard 16's, You will have to count how many you have. Once you disassemble it will make more since.

In regards to the ones that actually hold the TB to the head, those are the nuts and they are all you need. Just order them as quantity needed. I had to replace a couple that where missing from previous tampering. 13541308911

Hope that helps, sorry I could not provide the exact number of bolts and nuts needed, you will just have to disassemble, or perhaps another member knows.

Comment

Thanks RobertC, I did put a link I guess it didn't work.

Now it makes sense.

11133736326 need 4 @ $0.58 each
      13541308909 need 12 @ $4.41 each. What a difference in price from the one above!!!!!!!
      13541308911 need 10 @ $10.69 each. That is just crazy!!!!!

I do not need to replace them all as only a few are stripped. Can they be bought somewhere else than the dealer?

Comment

Anyone have torque specs for the above mentioned? Any special torque sequence other than diagonal?
        Dry paper gasket or no?

Why is 13651353339 listed in that diagram? I dont see those anywhere after diassembly.

Comment

Originally posted by proctor750 View Post
          Anyone have torque specs for the above mentioned? Any special torque sequence other than diagonal?
          Dry paper gasket or no?

Why is 13651353339 listed in that diagram? I dont see those anywhere after diassembly.
          Rear most lower TB mount point - used to hold wiring harness support.
          Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

Rear most lower TB mount point - used to hold wiring harness support.
            ah yes, someone replaced it with non oe stuff there. I'll have to fix.

Did you use any sealant on your m5 paper gaskets? seems like overkill but I noticed many do this? What's the best sealant? I noticed some permatex stuff or hylomar...

Comment

I used Hylomar and it has been 5 years with no leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by jwbavalon View Post
                I used Hylomar and it has been 5 years with no leaks.
                I think I"ll go for the spray on Hylomar then: https://www.grainger.com/product/HYL...Code=P2IDP2PCP

Any specific torque spec for these? Or go based off of bolts size? Any pattern?

Comment

Looks to be 7ft lbs based on turners recommendations. I assume it applies to all nuts from Head to plenum. I think these are m6 so 7.5ftlb is about right.

Comment

Working...
                  X