alluminium water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alluminium water tank

Does anyone knows where i can find alluminium water/cooling tank?

Originally posted by vasilisM3 View Post
    Does anyone knows where i can find alluminium water/cooling tank?
    do you think that it is a good idea? You always must open that tank to check if you have enough water inside.
    If you must check that during/right after driving you can't open it due to the heat...

okok it looks cool in the engine bay.....but functional?

Markus
    Last edited by Markus; 08-17-2011, 08:27 PM.

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
      do you think that it is a good idea? You always must open that tank to check if you have enough water inside.
      If you must check that during/right after driving you can't open it due to the heat...

okok it looks cool in the engine bay.....but functional?

Markus
      I have seen photos with alluminium tank applied with metre on it.just i don't know where to find one.

Comment

Jon at 666fabrication may have what you are looking for: http://666fabrication.com/bmw.html

He only lists an expansion tank for the early m20 cars but may have or be able to make one for the S14.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

VAC Motorsport sells them also..
          "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

I just got the one from VAC yesterday its pretty darn nice...

Comment

Pictures of the VAC tank, pls. Last time I checked, there weren't any on their site...

RedShark Racing http://www.brannfors.com
              1988 M6
              1990 M3
              1991 M5

Comment

The finger prints werent there when i got it...took the pics with my phone since im at work...

Comment

You always must open that tank to check if you have enough water inside.
                  On a track car using water and water wetter, you can't see anything even with a new resevoir, so an aluminum tank won't make any difference, accept a little piece of mind.

Comment

Is that a 13lb cap? Brand of cap? Is it taller than the stock tank overall, meaning, if you level-set the two tanks at the bolt flange on the passenger fender side, are they the same height? Is there a mounting flange on the back side, like the stock tank? I can't understand why VAC hasn't posted pictures of this on their own site yet....

RedShark Racing http://www.brannfors.com
                    1988 M6
                    1990 M3
                    1991 M5

Comment

Not sure on the brand, pretty sure its a 13lb cap the new tank looks about half an inch shorter but i havent mounted it yet to see how far off they are from each other but does seem it could hold more coolent(could be tricking my eyes) and yes theirs a mounting bracket on the back of the tank like the stock one and i have no idea why they dont have a pic on their site because it is some great work they did here...then again this is in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by livenmoreuro View Post
                        Not sure on the brand, pretty sure its a 13lb cap the new tank looks about half an inch shorter but i havent mounted it yet to see how far off they are from each other but does seem it could hold more coolent(could be tricking my eyes) and yes theirs a mounting bracket on the back of the tank like the stock one and i have no idea why they dont have a pic on their site because it is some great work they did here...then again this is in my opinion

Hey Guys,

Yes this product is available. I wanted to tweak it more before we sold any, that's why there are no pictures... but 'livenmoreuro' convinced me to sell him one
                        I wasn't in love with not having a level-sensor as part of it and wanted to spend more time making it look a little more OEM than it does... because I am as picky as the next E30 M3 guy.

Right now its a solid piece, plus no bursting in the heat like the OEM ones.
                        I was hoping to bring one up to the S14 motoring meet to show people in person. Hopefully I can make it as I know there are too many scheduling conflicts for VAC as a whole to attend.
                        Last edited by [email protected]; 08-19-2011, 09:20 AM.
                        Feel free to ask me any questions you have! Please email [email protected]
                        VAC Motorsports :mario:
                        (I don't check PMs often, please email)

Comment

I love most of what VAC produces, but here I gotta say I don't get it. Paying $250+ for an aluminum expansion tank that arguably does not function as well as the $80 factory one seems a little odd to me. I do like being able to glance at mine and see that the coolant level is where it should be....and I was not aware that the plastic ones were having incidents of bursting....

The aluminum tank does sort of have the "hand-fabbed racecar" look to it, but IMHO you are paying a lot and giving up a lot of functionality to get that look.

But what do I know? I am still using the stock radiator and am 100% satisfied with that....
                          Last edited by Ironhead; 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

can we get it to carry a little more liquid? in the same space

Comment

I love the way the AL tank looks but I also like to monitor the level of the coolant at a glance. One can add dye to a water-Water Wetter mixture to view its level inside the plastic tank, if need be. I'd also imagine the stock tank weighs a little less than the AL tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X