no compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no compression

well first i thought it was jsut a fowled plug or somthing then after replaceing plugs wires cap and rotor i find out that i have lost all commpression in my #2 cylinder

Wellshortly after finding all of this out my computer takes a dump on me (what luck) so now when the new ecu gets here and i can start ripping into my head to find the problem

im gonna have the head pollished and i wanna go with a bettter cam and springs any suggestions and what i should get
    i was thinking of going with shrick EVOIII cams and TMS valve springs is this a good idea or would i be wasteing my money
    SrA USAF

Re: no compression

Originally posted by ///M3Chris
    well first i thought it was jsut a fowled plug or somthing then after replaceing plugs wires cap and rotor i find out that i have lost all commpression in my #2 cylinder

Wellshortly after finding all of this out my computer takes a dump on me (what luck) so now when the new ecu gets here and i can start ripping into my head to find the problem

im gonna have the head pollished and i wanna go with a bettter cam and springs any suggestions and what i should get
    i was thinking of going with shrick EVOIII cams and TMS valve springs is this a good idea or would i be wasteing my money
    Get with Racer X, he is doing a group buy on schrick stuff. Get some 284/276 and some schrick springs to match.

T

Comment

If you lost compression, shouldn't you be looking to get new piston rings instead?
      -Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

Comment

If you don't have compression in one cylinder, you might want to save your finances for the possibility of valve/valve guide/valvespring/valvestem replacement(s) for that cylinder at least.
        You may also have a hole in the piston/ring/ring land damage if detonation was the cause. This may also have caused bore damage in #2 and possible damage to other pistons.
        once the head comes off, you'll need a gasket kit.

m.
        Last edited by Mmark; 04-24-2004, 07:42 AM.

Comment

hmmmm well i havent taken the head off and im kinda holding off on the really heavy repair for now till i get my car back to the states and through customs then im gonna do a complete rebuild and go up to a 2.5L and reall hookit up but till then jsut trying to get it to run ill post back once the head is off and i find out the root of the problem
          SrA USAF

Comment

Working...
          X