a/c pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c pump

Car is in the local garage at the moment to have the a/c pump re-fitted, heater matrix replaced and system charged up, all this is done, but they can't get the a/c fired up on the button, light comes on, radiator fan starts up, but the clutch on the pump does not energise, they put a live feed to the pump and everything was fine, nice cold air, so system itself seems to be working but the live feed to the pump is dead for some reason. When I got the car the pump bearing was seized so this is why the pump came out in the first place, could it be that this then blew something in the electrical circuit or is it one of the pressure switches stopping the feed from starting the pump, the reason I am asking for some advice is, I don't have an electrical diagram and if I can point my local mechanic in the right direction it could save me a few quid.

Thanx, steve.

On the US cars there was a "compressor enable" microswitch behind the vent sliders. This was removed sometime during the 1988 production year. If the switch fails then you can delete the microswitch by wiring the 2 wires together. Not sure whether Euro cars had this.

PM your e-mail address and I can send you the relevant circuit diagrams from the ETM.

Comment

Damn Colin! That's like a total "Jeapordy" answer.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X