engine block sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine block sections

a few years back I was given a wrecked block to cut it into pieces.
    Just found the pictures on my old hard drive.

Enjoy

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

OK, what's the story that goes with the pictures?

Comment

Heck yeah! I've been wanting to do that for years. Thanks for sharing bro!!! Those are going straight to my hard drive.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by jwbavalon View Post
        OK, what's the story that goes with the pictures?
        No Story. There was a damaged block. And I know where this big saw is :chop:

just simple curiosity.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
          No Story. There was a damaged block. And I know where this big saw is :chop:

just simple curiosity.
          Truth told UWE likes to cut things up.

Do you still have pics. of the cylinder head you put under the saw?

Comment

UWE,

Thanks for sharing. Just confirm that is a 2.3 block (i don't see oil squirter mounting)

I see the oil passage in the block (front to rear) which confirms my beliefs that all 2.3 and 2.5 blocks have the same oil passage. Just the 2.5 have the ports for the oil squirters. so in theory adding oil squirters to a 2.3 block can be done and shouldn't be that difficult and definitely cheaper then buying a 2.5 block!
            The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JOEBMW View Post
              UWE,

Thanks for sharing. Just confirm that is a 2.3 block (i don't see oil squirter mounting)

I see the oil passage in the block (front to rear) which confirms my beliefs that all 2.3 and 2.5 blocks have the same oil passage. Just the 2.5 have the ports for the oil squirters. so in theory adding oil squirters to a 2.3 block can be done and shouldn't be that difficult and definitely cheaper then buying a 2.5 block!
              I'm pretty sure I've heard of people doing this - either here, S14Power, or the SIG... Might take some searching, but I think it's been documented.
              sigpic
              Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan View Post
                I'm pretty sure I've heard of people doing this - either here, S14Power, or the SIG... Might take some searching, but I think it's been documented.
                Yep! i dont think it would be too hard.
                The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Is it correct to assume that this 2.3 block is in standard config, and not bored up to 2.5 spec?

Comment

Thats my old block. Dropped a valve at 8000rpm at Brands on a trackday in around 2006 if I remember correctly.

It was a 2.3 bored out to 2.5. There was still around 4mm sidewall thickness after the rebore to 2.5. When the valve dropped, it wedged the piston ( JE`s ), punched a hole in the piston, jacked the piston over and split the block on number 2. Poor Uwe was following close behind and got covered in steam and schrapnell.

I think I still have a piece of the block it in the garage somewhere, along with piston and valve. Should make a good hard luck prize someday.

Cheers,

Dave
                    E30 M3 for the Road
                    & one for the Track &
                    a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

Working...
                    X