Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EvadM3
    replied
    Thats my old block. Dropped a valve at 8000rpm at Brands on a trackday in around 2006 if I remember correctly.

It was a 2.3 bored out to 2.5. There was still around 4mm sidewall thickness after the rebore to 2.5. When the valve dropped, it wedged the piston ( JE`s ), punched a hole in the piston, jacked the piston over and split the block on number 2. Poor Uwe was following close behind and got covered in steam and schrapnell.

I think I still have a piece of the block it in the garage somewhere, along with piston and valve. Should make a good hard luck prize someday.

Cheers,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• mm1854
    replied
    Very nice, thanks for sharing. Is it correct to assume that this 2.3 block is in standard config, and not bored up to 2.5 spec?

Leave a comment:

• JOEBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by Brendan View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've heard of people doing this - either here, S14Power, or the SIG... Might take some searching, but I think it's been documented.
    Yep! i dont think it would be too hard.

Leave a comment:

• Brendan
    replied
    Originally posted by JOEBMW View Post
    UWE,

Thanks for sharing. Just confirm that is a 2.3 block (i don't see oil squirter mounting)

I see the oil passage in the block (front to rear) which confirms my beliefs that all 2.3 and 2.5 blocks have the same oil passage. Just the 2.5 have the ports for the oil squirters. so in theory adding oil squirters to a 2.3 block can be done and shouldn't be that difficult and definitely cheaper then buying a 2.5 block!
    I'm pretty sure I've heard of people doing this - either here, S14Power, or the SIG... Might take some searching, but I think it's been documented.

Leave a comment:

• JOEBMW
    replied
    UWE,

Thanks for sharing. Just confirm that is a 2.3 block (i don't see oil squirter mounting)

I see the oil passage in the block (front to rear) which confirms my beliefs that all 2.3 and 2.5 blocks have the same oil passage. Just the 2.5 have the ports for the oil squirters. so in theory adding oil squirters to a 2.3 block can be done and shouldn't be that difficult and definitely cheaper then buying a 2.5 block!

Leave a comment:

• The///MadCircle
    replied
    Originally posted by UweM3 View Post
    No Story. There was a damaged block. And I know where this big saw is :chop:

just simple curiosity.
    Truth told UWE likes to cut things up.

Do you still have pics. of the cylinder head you put under the saw?

Leave a comment:

• UweM3
    replied
    Originally posted by jwbavalon View Post
    OK, what's the story that goes with the pictures?
    No Story. There was a damaged block. And I know where this big saw is :chop:

just simple curiosity.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Heck yeah! I've been wanting to do that for years. Thanks for sharing bro!!! Those are going straight to my hard drive.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• jwbavalon
    replied
    OK, what's the story that goes with the pictures?

Leave a comment:

• UweM3
    started a topic engine block sections

engine block sections

a few years back I was given a wrecked block to cut it into pieces.
    Just found the pictures on my old hard drive.

Enjoy

Working...
X