How much does everyone's car weigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does everyone's car weigh

I'm not positive how much mine weighs but I know that with my 17" BBS's that certainly added at least 4 lbs per wheel. Other than that I'm pretty stock but I was interested in shedding some pounds. How much does everyone's cars weigh and what tips do you have for losing some?
    Thank you Lang's, you made my baby clean again.

Remove the AC. There is at least 40lbs+ in the ac unit... The stock seats are quite heavy as well, so by replacing them with a fiberglass/steel/carbon fiber shell, is better than stock. A CF/Fiberglass hood would be nice, fenders, sunroofs, trunk lids, wings, bumpers. There are plenty of ways to lose weight, 4-piston calipers, alum. control arms, exhaust sytem, engine internals. Wheels/Tires are also another combo to choose. Of course you really don't want to mess up the E30 M3 weight distribution too much.
    Last edited by Bavarian3; 04-30-2004, 05:21 AM.

Comment

I fill my tires with hydrogen...
      SteveZ

Comment

My car weighs 2695 with no AC, SRD's, 17" superlegerras, CF airbox, no driver and a full tank of gas.

T

Comment

Originally posted by catfishez
          I fill my tires with hydrogen...
          ummm...i think you mean helium...cause tires filled with hydrogen = death...not that helium is a good idea anyway...im just sayin

ever do the "pop" test in highschool?

Comment

What is funny is that BMW put a high weight estimate on the inside of the door, why is that? My friends EG9 *Honda Civic Hatch* says it weights 3000lbs, which I know for a fact it doesn't weight that much.

Comment

I think the 3000lbs that's listed on the door is refering to the gross vehicle weight and not the "as it sits" curb weight. It wouldn't be that surprising these days though that a "compact" car could weigh 3000lbs, as it seems all the new cars are gaining weight. Thats why i love the E30-M3. It's a four seater that virtually weighs the same as a Boxster or S2000. Gotta' love that...
              Turbo S14-(Sold)

"....the BMW 4 cylinder turbocharged M13 engine reached nearly 1500bhp in qualifying trim!"

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M
                ummm...i think you mean helium...cause tires filled with hydrogen = death...not that helium is a good idea anyway...im just sayin

ever do the "pop" test in highschool?
                Kinda of a joke there... hydrogen = death.
                I fill the Cabin with helium.
                SteveZ

Comment

1280kg with me inside (75kg)

-No spare tire
                  -1 Sparco seat
                  -20l fuel
                  -No AC
                  -Airbox

Daniel
                  www.m3e30.ch

Comment

Weight on the door is not the weight of the car...

You have to subtract something like 180lbs(i think thats what thye consider average) per passenger the car seats...be it 4 or 5... so whatever the door says on our cars take away 720 pounds

Comment

2880 with me (220lbs) and my speaker box in the car.

Do not click
                      At least it's German

Comment

Weight on the jamb ..gross is the max weight of the car, full tank, and the maximum weight of luggage and people BMW safely recommend.
                        m.

Comment

Has anyone ever weighed a bone-stock car to verify the 2733 factory claim?

Alex
                          Alex McHenry

Comment

I think 2733lbs stock is for the european M3.

US spec is around 2850lbs or so.
                            Turbo S14-(Sold)

"....the BMW 4 cylinder turbocharged M13 engine reached nearly 1500bhp in qualifying trim!"

Comment

what differences between the two would equate to 117lb ?

Comment

Working...
                              X