steering rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering rack

It seems i am leaking ps fluid. I cant tell where the leak is coming fromm, the drip collects on the rubber boot and subframe. It is not a tremendous amount, but leaking non the less. Anyone else have this problem. Where would it be coming from. It seems all the connections to the ps pump are fine any suggestions?

Check the hoses from the resevior....they may look like they are on fine...but its usualyl the culprit...the hoses need to be replaced and they are M3 specific....first just ry tighting all the connections

Comment

<------Having the same problem!! It's my rack! I hear rebuilding it is very time consumming, replacing can be as high as $500+ installed w/ core exchange! Please reply and let me know how you make out!

Thanks,
      Greg
      Kick the tires and light the fires!

Comment

Mine was leaking after a day at the track. Tightened hose clamps and all seems fine now. Won't know till it gets another hard day at the track.

Originally posted by WLMS_F1
        <------Having the same problem!! It's my rack! I hear rebuilding it is very time consumming, replacing can be as high as $500+ installed w/ core exchange! Please reply and let me know how you make out!

Thanks,
        Greg
        Sorry to high jack the thread. I may have a steering rack for you. We should still have it when we did the conversion to Right Hand Drive. I will have a look when I am there later tonight. Cant remeber what condition it is but it only had 74000 kilometres on the clock at the time of removal. Shipping would be from Australia. Its no good to me.

Comment

Working...
        X