Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S14B23 Supersprint Exhaust on S14B25 (Sport Evo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14B23 Supersprint Exhaust on S14B25 (Sport Evo)

Hi, I am looking to upgrade the exhaust system on my Sport Evo.

Would a Superspint system from a early E30 M3 fit my headers ? On the Supersprint webpage they do have an own part number for the 2.5L...
    Any ideas how much HP I would gain with a Supersprint middle and back exhaust. I guess some since I am removing the cat ?

Thanks for you input!
    X 89` E30 M3 S14B23

When you say the 2.5L has its own part # do you mean the back box or the center section?

GARY.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, these are listed for the 2.5L :http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-2...80BA___92.aspx
      And these for the 2,3L : http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-2...80BA___92.aspx
      X 89` E30 M3 S14B23

Comment

I have a supersprint center section on my car an it fits OK. I don't know if it makes any difference in power.

Cheers,

GARY.
        sigpic

Comment

It's not ideal going from 55mm to 50mm. Just check the diameter of the piping.
          Last edited by Reelizmpro; 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
            It's not ideal going from 55mm to 50mm. Just check the diameter of the piping.
            I know its not ideal but when I was restoring my SE I thought the $2400.00 which the SE center section cost was better spend else where, maybe someday I will change it.

Cheers,

GARY.
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, but it looks like the rear muffler will fit as Supersprint has listed both part numbers both on 2,3 and 2,5 ?
              X 89` E30 M3 S14B23

Comment

the rear mufflers have all the same diameter.....
                keep the metal cat and go with a Eisenmann muffler...best that you could do
                have used that a few years

Markus

Originally posted by Racing View Post
                Ok, but it looks like the rear muffler will fit as Supersprint has listed both part numbers both on 2,3 and 2,5 ?

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Thanks Markus, why didn’t I ask you right away? :yup: Just curios, why Eisenmann and not Supersprint – doesn’t the supersprint sound nice?
                  How loud is the Eisenamm vs the Supersprint, I am not sure if its race or street the seller has.
                  The seller wants 400€ for both the middle and rear Supersprint stainless steel system. Its used but in good condition.
                  Is this a good price ?
                  X 89` E30 M3 S14B23

Comment

On my car I have the supersprint center section with the standard SE back box and its to quiet for me. From past experience of SS exhausts they are quite tinny, why are you not staying with the standard exhaust system.

GARY.
                    sigpic

Comment

Its very quiet as standard, in someway thats a good thing, but i miss the sound I had from my previous E30 M3. (Which had Supersprint street steel) . But from what I read from others who has the race, its to loud.
                      So if I change it, it would be the rear muffler and not Race version.
                      X 89` E30 M3 S14B23

Comment

Working...
                      X