Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything that should be done before dyno tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything that should be done before dyno tuning?

I am going to dyno tune my car along with ADA///M on may 11th so im wondering what things need to be done before i go. Should the TB be synced? set base idle? adjust CO and so forth. Im going to be replacing my FPR and have a new set of plugs ready to go. Any other recommendations would be great. Thanks for the help.

Chris
    Old School

that sounds good. while adam is asleep the night before, perhaps you should sneak out
    to the garage and detune his map for him

John

Comment

Originally posted by John
      that sounds good. while adam is asleep the night before, perhaps you should sneak out
      to the garage and detune his map for him

John
      :evil: thats just wrong...but not like itll mess anything up...thats why im going to the dyno anyway, to get it tuned....cant de-tune something thats not tuned :p

Comment

where are you guys going to get your TB's synced and your CO set?
        "You must drive this car before you die, it really is that good." BMWCar Magazine re:the e30m3; Oct. 2002

Comment

Some suggestions...

* Make sure the base idle, valve adjustments etc are already good. Belts, hoses, leaks - fix if need be.

* Use the gas you plan on running normally.

* Clean the filters.

* Junk in the trunk is okay.

* Tire pressure gage - add air so the tires don't get too badly beat up on chassis dyno with rollers.

* Have spare ignition bits like plugs.

* Take PICS.

* You might have to make a follow up run.

* When reading AFRs, remember that they take a small amount of time to stabilise after you first get it floored - accel enrichment from the motronic and / or piggyback.

* Use common sense.

Stan

Comment

thanks stan.....

now would you want to take a ride with us to go there????
            Old School

Comment

I'll be installing
              -new e3 intake gaskets w/ e34 paper gaskets
              -new fpr
              -new icv
              -finally re-did my valve adjustment again stan...only 3 were out of spec by by .002" ...not bad...all the intake valves are set at .010" or .011" and all the exh are at .011" or .012" now
              -if it works out...i will have new rear subframe mounts/trailing arm adjustment kit

I'll have my simmons with new kumhos mx's on for this dyno run....what do you guys think? will i loose a few hp on teh dyno with the heavier 18's? or should i leave my 15's which are almost 100% bald on to get the best hp #'s?

Stan i need to come buy that center section from you by this weekend, i want to get it on before the dyno on tuesday. Let me know what works

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M

I'll have my simmons with new kumhos mx's on for this dyno run....what do you guys think? will i loose a few hp on teh dyno with the heavier 18's? or should i leave my 15's which are almost 100% bald on to get the best hp #'s?

Stan i need to come buy that center section from you by this weekend, i want to get it on before the dyno on tuesday. Let me know what works

You will lose hp on the dyno by running heavier wheels/tires, depending on how much heavier they are than the stock 15s. Usually around 5-7rwhp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan 90 M3
                  You will lose hp on the dyno by running heavier wheels/tires, depending on how much heavier they are than the stock 15s. Usually around 5-7rwhp.
                  You won't lose engine HP, just RWHP. Just like getting a light weight fly, its all about the drivetrain loss factor.

It is not what you pull on the Dyno, it is how much RwTq you gain everywhere!

T

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT
                    You won't lose engine HP, just RWHP. Just like getting a light weight fly, its all about the drivetrain loss factor.

It is not what you pull on the Dyno, it is how much RwTq you gain everywhere!

T

Correct, I might not have been clear in my statement but thats what I meant.

Comment

>>>Stan i need to come buy that center section from you by this weekend, i want to get it on before the dyno on tuesday. Let me know what works
                      <<<

Sure thing...it's waiting for you! And bring that ugly B&B so I can check it out... I'll likely be autocrossing at Orchard Beach Saturday, but if I get the shell seats in, I can't bring the resonator over.... Hmmm...how about Thurs or Friday?

Stan

Comment

Either day is good for me.....just shoot me an email.... [email protected]

My dyno day got pushed back to the 18th so its less of a rush right now.

I'd love to bring the ugly b&B up to you. But its welded to my old cat. Both are off the car. But they are quite large. I'll try and see if i can bring it to get removed from the old cat this weekend.

Saturday is supposed to rain...maybe ill come check you guys out at orchard park if its not too shitty out.

Comment

Working...
                        X