eBay JDM Recaros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay JDM Recaros?

Are all of these Recaro SRD / SR's offered on eBay from these Japaneese domestic cars different then a regular Recaro or do they have a different base that isn't removeable?

I'm looking for a set of SRD's to have them recovered. These seem to be the best deals out there for them if they work...

Any experiances?
    1988 E30 M3 S38
    1970 E10 2002 S14

I did just this a number of years ago, I replaced parts with genuine Recaro parts and had no problems, you need to be careful, there is a lot of knock offs on ebay, the price has gone up as well, I paid $150 for each SRD

Comment

Do you roughly recall which parts required replacing?
      1988 E30 M3 S38
      1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

how much are you looking to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by xphiledan View Post
          how much are you looking to spend?
          Depends on whats for sale...PM me if you have something to offer or email me at [email protected]

Thanks.
          1988 E30 M3 S38
          1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

i am not sure about the bases, but do know the ones that I got only have the adjustor knob on the door side so they side specific, unlike the one I had from Germany which had them on both sides. I think mine came out of a Integra and are know as the dc5. Thats the only real difference that I know of.
            Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

Originally posted by sbi///M View Post
              i am not sure about the bases, but do know the ones that I got only have the adjustor knob on the door side so they side specific, unlike the one I had from Germany which had them on both sides. I think mine came out of a Integra and are know as the dc5. Thats the only real difference that I know of.
              FYI the Recaro SRD's came stock in the Japanese Spec Integra and Civic Type R's and are known as chassis code DC2 and Ek9..The DC5 ones are slightly different than the DC2 ones IIRC
              sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Jdm scene has a bunch of knock offs, so know what u r getting. They have different names in the jdm scene as well. The Itr seat is called sr3, etc. Sport evos were called sr and so on. It's the same style seats to the eye but they all have differences. Some are wider, flare out more, 1 vs 2 adjustment knobs, etc. They make sense if u are going to reupholster anyway and the differences are minimal. They are all great seats.
                Last edited by Reelizmpro; 08-08-2012, 11:07 AM.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Yeah Im torn right now. Recover my stock seats, buy new Recaro Speeds, or buy used Recaros and recover them.

I'm 6' 210lbs and I hear the Speeds might be a bit tight...which I don't want but the SRD's are a little larger.

Does anyone have experiances with Gahh leather kits?
                  1988 E30 M3 S38
                  1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

Originally posted by jibbajabba View Post
                    Yeah Im torn right now. Recover my stock seats, buy new Recaro Speeds, or buy used Recaros and recover them.

I'm 6' 210lbs and I hear the Speeds might be a bit tight...which I don't want but the SRD's are a little larger.

Does anyone have experiances with Gahh leather kits?
                    I thought the SRD's were smaller(slimmer) than the speeds? Thought I saw SRD are 'basketball player' and Speeds "football player'??

Comment

Originally posted by El KuRLy View Post
                      I thought the SRD's were smaller(slimmer) than the speeds? Thought I saw SRD are 'basketball player' and Speeds "football player'??
                      I'm 6'4" 235 and srds are fine.
                      1990 e30 m3

Comment

Originally posted by El KuRLy View Post
                        Opposite.

Recaro SRD - Roomier then Speed, has pointed shoulder bolsters, discontinued.
                        Recaro Speed - Tighter then SRD, has rounded, less pronounced shoulder bolsters, still available along with the Speed "S" which has shorter lower bolsters.
                        1988 E30 M3 S38
                        1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

I was about to order a set of SRD's from Ron at JJ's and have them re-covered but I was just informed it's a 3-4 month wait.

I don't think I can wait that long so I have to reexplore the options as I want this car done this month finally. Most likely ordering the kit from Gahh, they quoted me 3-4 day turn around time. This is suppose to be fun, not frustrating!
                          1988 E30 M3 S38
                          1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

Well I just ordered a set of Jet Black, Smooth leather, front and rear covers from GAHH, should be here by Wednesday. I will start a new post when I get them as there isn't much info on the Gahh stuff on this board, or any board for that matter! Can't wait for that new leather smell.
                            1988 E30 M3 S38
                            1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

Working...
                            X