Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Mile Times and Realistic Acheivements

Hi guys,

For years ive been enjoying my E30 M3 on the circuit knowing this is what the E30 M3 was built for.

Im going to quarter mile my car soon for fun but am hoping to acheive a 14.0 quarter mile.

I have a s14 with 286/276 cams racing flywheel a little head work, exhaust. Still have the AFM.

For an NA s14 with mild upgrades would a 14.0 sec quarter mile be easily atainable?

Can people post their quarter mile times in their NA s14s pls?

This is more just for curiosity as i know the E30 M3 wasnt built for quarter mile.

I would like to improve my quarter mile as much as possible.

Thank you

I ran a 15.2 with my first E30 M3 about 12 years ago. It was chipped but otherwise stock. In my opinion, to hit a 14 second quarter you are going to need a bit more in the way of engine mods.

Comment

I'm currently using mine for tractor pulls.....I'll get a quarter mile time as soon as I unhook the weight sled.

Comment

Originally posted by ironhead View Post
        i'm currently using mine for tractor pulls.....i'll get a quarter mile time as soon as i unhook the weight sled.
        lmao...
        Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
          I'm currently using mine for tractor pulls.....I'll get a quarter mile time as soon as I unhook the weight sled.
          HAHAHA. Good one.
          Instagram: SJZOOSUAVEBOY

Comment

My guess with your mods would be 14.5 to 14.8 depending on your skill and technique. I don't see anything wrong with you being curious as to what your car will do, every car that is tested by the major magazines goes through the same thing.

Comment

Back in the day I did a 15.165 with a 110k mile stock motor with a turner chip.
              1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

You might want to pull every ounce of weight out that can be easily removed. Passenger seat, rear seat, spare tire, tool kit, run a small battery, every little bit of weight counts.

Will
                '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
                '88 M3

Comment

Trim those spoilers back to the minimum extension also, if that's your car in your sig...

Comment

Yea thats mine in the pic ill def lower the rear spoiler all the way.

So far on top of my 286/276 cams racing flywheel and little head work, exhaust. Ive taken everything out my trunk and am running with a 15 pound battery. I did the electric fan conversion, removed my ac system. Added magnecor wires and cold plugs with new cap.
                    The spoiler is all fibre glass also. Its so light the trunk flys open if you dont catch it lol.

Wish me luck guys i want that 14.0 quarter mile

Comment

Have fun and post a video!!!
                      1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

Don't burn your clutch up man!
                        "Straights are for fast cars,turns are for fast drivers"

Comment

The 1/4 mile time for this car is a bit disappointing. Especially when compared to modern family sedans and even mini vans! :-)
                          If it's an important spec to you this is the wrong car to own. It's not geared for standing starts and the power comes in a relatively narrow band.
                          There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

1/4 mile times are NOT for sporting saloons & sedans...that's strictly for muscle cars. I wouldn't even think of running my M3 in the 1/4 mile...not what it does! Now my '67 Chevelle SS396 (L78) with Mickey Thompson headers (about 450 HP) and slicks would pull in the low 12's back in the day...now "that's" muscle!

Comment

screw that! i use a hammer for everythng! j/k it's a right tool for the job type thing, grand national for the straight lines, m3 for the turns!
                              Last edited by peteb; 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X