Coolant overflow tank baffle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant overflow tank baffle?

I'm just wondering if you could baffle the expansion tank. Whenever I make fast long right hand turns (ala interstate onramps) I get the overhead console warning light for low coolant. I know that it isn't low, so... what do you think? It would probably be tricky to get anything in there given the size of the hole... hmm...

Sounds like you are either low on coolant or have a sensor going bad.

Jordan
    "Never lift"

Comment

Yeah, that problem isn't normal. Try taking it out and cleaning it, I had an intermittent problem with mine and cleaning it did the trick.

Comment

The tank already has some built in internal baffles.

Comment

I agree with it all. Maybe under G force it is causing the sensor to activate. If your tank is full than you'll have no problem sense it's practically impossible to remove All the coolant without a hole/broken hose...

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Hmm... the sensor is new... and coolant is definitely not low. Interesting. Perhaps my car is haunted, wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Sounds like you need three Priests and a Rabbi. If that's too much trouble try pouring some Holy Water in there.

Comment

Beau, I understand what you mean. I had a problem with my coolant tank and with the check controls. I replaced the cap and that stoped the evaporating coolant, and also the check controls coming on, although my coolant light never came on, I just had the check light coming on and when I pressed it everything was fine.
                Thats what I love about these cars, they are very involving in every aspect, thank god I am not driving an ordinary car.

Comment

Seriously! Haha. I replaced the cap and sensor last year because of the phantom leak... Boggity Boggity BOO. Oh well, it's quirky. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X