Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACS Pedal Set w/Dead Pedal - Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS Pedal Set w/Dead Pedal - Real or Fake?

AC Schnitzer aluminum pedal set, including dead pedal.

Last edited by Reelizmpro; 09-29-2012, 10:54 AM.
    John 3:17

I know this is a for sale thread But those are not original acs pedals "I pm"ed you that " you still posted them here for the cost of real acs pedals?Kinda miss leading to some one who might think they are.Some guys on here got taken for evo fake seat belts and the knowledge from me helped them to get refund.It is not a good way to start out on s14net selling something thats replica from china price as real ones?
    I'm wrong I'm sorry but I have seen real pedal and thats not how they are made or look.
    I made mistake with some bbs wheels I had and learned from much more experienced wheel guys that my wheels were not bmw specific.
    best thing about s14net is knowledge most guys on here set us strait if we are wrong

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-ACS-e30-...4e78ba&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Carfantiti; 09-28-2012, 05:53 PM.
    I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

here is a real ACS dead pedal look at lettering .
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Schnitzer...sories&vxp=mtr

the lettering on smaller pedals are different than the real ones i have seen just a little.
      either way they are aluminum and rubber most people don't know difference .
      you can see the finish on fakes seem glossier .
      another thing is look at how the aluminum is on bottom ACS quality is better .
      Hope this helps.
      Last edited by Carfantiti; 09-28-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

^ Before I even thought of selling these and before I listed them for sale, you PM’d me FIVE TIMES about these. If these cheap knock-offs, why didn’t you just buy the $29 eBay set that you mentioned instead of asking for my used set?

I didn’t get the memo that you are the resident ACS expert and that if you say something is "not real" that I should take your word for it and trade them to you for whatever crap you want to give me in exchange.

Comment

S14 Community, These items are not my cup of tea and therefore know little about them; I asked two OG's what the pedal set was worth. One said $200 and the other said $300, so I listed them for $250 shipped. I didn't just pull that number out of thin air.

In addition, these were on the car prior to 2003. Were knock offs on the market back then?

I am not a millionaire, but $250 is not going to make or break me. My reputation is priceless and I am certainly not trying to get over on someone.

Lastly, if these are indeed cheap eBay units, please accept my apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Carfantiti View Post
            I know this is a for sale thread But those are not original acs pedals "I pm"ed you that " you still posted them here for the cost of real acs pedals?Kinda miss leading to some one who might think they are.Some guys on here got taken for evo fake seat belts and the knowledge from me helped them to get refund.It is not a good way to start out on s14net selling something thats replica from china price as real ones?
            I'm wrong I'm sorry but I have seen real pedal and thats not how they are made or look.
            I made mistake with some bbs wheels I had and learned from much more experienced wheel guys that my wheels were not bmw specific.
            best thing about s14net is knowledge most guys on here set us strait if we are wrong

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-ACS-e30-...4e78ba&vxp=mtr
            You must be AC Schnitzer ebay expert. That shows how of a expert you are. Maybe later I will show you later my red seat belts & a AC Schnitzer mono wiper. Tell me if they are real. Mark here are pics off AC Sschnitzer catalog & my ACS dead pedals.

Comment

Thank you, Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                ^ Before I even thought of selling these and before I listed them for sale, you PM’d me FIVE TIMES about these. If these cheap knock-offs, why didn’t you just buy the $29 eBay set that you mentioned instead of asking for my used set?

I didn’t get the memo that you are the resident ACS expert and that if you say something is "not real" that I should take your word for it and trade them to you for whatever crap you want to give me in exchange.
                I did not message you 5 times learn to count.I could care less about pedals.You wanted oem pedal I have them. I thought i do you a favor and trade since pedal are not a priority for me and I have ACS steering wheel.Im not buying ebay pedal cause not a priorty for me.I'm happy with oem pedal's I put my feet on them.If you find out real great for you in my opinion they are replicas from what i have seen and read .If it gets proved they are real awsome than guys on here will know how to spot the real ones.might want to remove them show the back.I know ACS made quality parts look at your dead pedal on the bottom look at the picture of the others posted by the member obvious to me but to each is own.

Comment

I did not message you 5 times learn to count.I could care less about pedals.You wanted oem pedal I have them. I thought i do you a favor and trade since pedal are not a priority for me and I have ACS steering wheel.Im not buying ebay pedal cause not a priorty for me.I'm happy with oem pedal's I put my feet on them.If you find out real great for you in my opinion they are replicas from what i have seen and read .If it gets proved they are real awsome than guys on here will know how to spot the real ones.might want to remove them show the back.I know ACS made quality parts look at your dead pedal on the bottom look at the picture of the others posted by the member obvious to me but to each is own.
                  1) You crapped on my thread based solely on your opinion

2) I never asked you or anyone else for OE pads. They are $2.50 each on Pelican - I can get them myself.
                  Last edited by markseven; 09-29-2012, 04:44 AM.

Comment

I will pull the pedal set and report back. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                      1) You crapped on my thread based solely on your opinion

2) I never asked you or anyone else for OE pads. They are $2.50 each on Pelican - I can get them myself.
                      1 it's a forum and opinions make it a forum 2 you said you want own I offered them and their is a accelerator pedal with holes in it now that cost 27.00 or so depending we're you get it. Hope I'm wrong for your sake but don't think I'm from what I seen on real cars with real pedals unles they were fakes .plus just search the net it will show you this same debate .most times some replicas so good never know difference .one major difference in some replicas the dead pedal is flat.it could be the picture you have that looks wired but the bottom looks cheaply done not perfect and acs are not like that.on back hopefully you can reference some the part numbers on rubber or how dead pedal constructed .

Comment

Mark has helped me out and had nothing to gain from it. He is a stand up guy that would not post something on any forum that had a misleading description on purpose. He is just not that type of person. He is new here and I am sure he will prove himself to the members given time.

The person that responded with pictures of the ACS cataloge is a tuner enthusiast and knows more about the details and fakes than most of us. I know this from spending hours with him and another friend discussing these rare parts and looking at the original catalogs from the tuners. I would take his comments as a fact over ebay research.

Lastly, the correct way to conduct yourself is to PM the seller not poop on his thread. You should know that from being here as long as you have. I appreciate members trying to inform those of us that don't know about items being sold that are knock offs but there is a proper way to do that.

Typically I don't get into these types of conversations but seeing that I have personal knowledge of these two members I thought it would be good information fo the rest of the members who may be interested in the items listed for sale. I don't know you but I am sure you were just trying to help, you just went about it the wrong way in my opinion.

Cheers,

Jim
                        Livin the Dream

Comment

1 it's a forum and opinions make it a forum 2 you said you want own I offered them and their is a accelerator pedal with holes in it now that cost 27.00 or so depending we're you get it. Hope I'm wrong for your sake but don't think I'm from what I seen on real cars with real pedals unles they were fakes .plus just search the net it will show you this same debate .most times some replicas so good never know difference .one major difference in some replicas the dead pedal is flat.it could be the picture you have that looks wired but the bottom looks cheaply done not perfect and acs are not like that.on back hopefully you can reference some the part numbers on rubber or how dead pedal constructed .
                          I have Hartge, Alpina & AC Schnitzer dead pedals. None of them have part #. Your are still learning (Grass hopper).

Comment

On the rubber pad I have seen numbers . Hey I apologize if I'm wrong hope proved wrong .i did pm him first with my opinion with no response to them being real not replica.sorry for bringing it to his thread but seems you have much more knowledge of the pedal s in your opinion they are real.if that's the case than 250 is a deal.i personally would pass unless have box and receipt or 100 percent way to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                              Mark has helped me out and had nothing to gain from it. He is a stand up guy that would not post something on any forum that had a misleading description on purpose. He is just not that type of person. He is new here and I am sure he will prove himself to the members given time.

The person that responded with pictures of the ACS cataloge is a tuner enthusiast and knows more about the details and fakes than most of us. I know this from spending hours with him and another friend discussing these rare parts and looking at the original catalogs from the tuners. I would take his comments as a fact over ebay research.

Lastly, the correct way to conduct yourself is to PM the seller not poop on his thread. You should know that from being here as long as you have. I appreciate members trying to inform those of us that don't know about items being sold that are knock offs but there is a proper way to do that.

Typically I don't get into these types of conversations but seeing that I have personal knowledge of these two members I thought it would be good information fo the rest of the members who may be interested in the items listed for sale. I don't know you but I am sure you were just trying to help, you just went about it the wrong way in my opinion.

Cheers,

Jim
                              Jim,

Thank you for the kind words – the feeling is mutual. Also, thank you for sticking your neck out and vouching for me – I WILL NOT LET YOU OR RAUL DOWN.

Based on your post I am inclined to believe the carfaniti meant well. The thing that got me is the suggestion that I knew it was a fake but passed it off as a real.

Mark

Originally posted by 1988 M3 S54 *TURBO* View Post
                              I have Hartge, Alpina & AC Schnitzer dead pedals. None of them have part #. Your are still learning (Grass hopper).
                              Raul, thank you for weighing, it man. I appreciate your input.

I was not expecting this drama on S14.

Comment

Working...
                              X