oxygen sensor removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxygen sensor removal

i plan on replacing my oxygen sensor soon, is it necessary to buy these oxygen sensor removal tools that bavarian autosport advertises? also, where is the cheapest place to buy an oxygen sensor? thanks!!

alex

don't know how this tool lools like (any link?) but I have a second header lying in my garage and just out of curiosity I wanted to remove the sensor. Didn't get the bugger out and gave in at the end.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Bosch Oxygen Sensor Tool - $18.95

Makes removal of the old sensor and installation of the new sensor a snap. Turns easily using a 3/8 in square-drive ratchet or socket extension. The slotted design is made to fit over the sensor wire. For use on all Bosch brand oxygen sensors.
      Tool - Oxygen Sensor Socket -3/8 drive $14.95
      seems like a lot of money to spend for a one time thing...

Comment

You should be able to buy one for under $10 at an auto parts place.

Comment

do i just need the socket, or do i also need to buy the tool?

Comment

Oxegen sensors are all standard sizes. The removal tools are available at any autoparts store.

Comment

alright cool, thanks for the help!

Comment

I have one of those (like the one in the picture), and though it's a bit pricey it has come in handy quite a few times.
                1990 BMW M3
                1989 Porsche 951
                1988 Volvo 240DL

Comment

i got my socket for like $4.99... and the sensor itself for $29.99. worked like a charm, as long as you solder the connection.
                  1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

did you just buy a generic o2 sensor?

Comment

universal bosch sensor...i got mine for 40 bucks from bimmerworld....luckily my headers were off the car when i replaced my sensor....so i used a regular wrench....

Comment

yes i bought a universal. theyre cheap, and except for getting your hand in to loosen the sensor, its an easy swap. chopped up my knuckles pretty good.
                        1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                        X