X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ///M stripe Valve Cover

What do you think about this?:idea: :huh:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-3/673887/valve-cover.JPG[/img]]
    Last edited by iluvm3s; 05-08-2004, 06:25 PM.

Sorry not my cup of tea. Might look better in a Matt or with the paint with the bits in to give the same finish as the original paint. It just looks a bit to fake.

Comment

It looks ok, not great but ok. Maybe a sharper seperation of colors would have helped. The light blue to dark blue looks ok, but in the pictures the blue to red looks ehh. There is some bleeding causing a purple.

Might look better when you shave the paint off the letters and trim.

Comment

How about now? But I am doing it back to black

ANYone knows where I can get the same color paint as the real M stripe colors? I bought over 10 cans of spray paint but I can't get the right color... I have to use the heat paint and they don't have that many colors. Please help I am going crazy trying to do this cover. I didn't drive my car for over 1 month.
        Last edited by iluvm3s; 05-09-2004, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Colors look OK to me and I like the valve cover paint job. You should have masked off the spark plug holes too. I'd remove the paint on the oval shapes around plug holes and in them.

I really like it.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Regular automotive paint works for this, it is made to hold up to high heat. I had mine coated in a Honda red color with a clear coat and it has held up really well.

Comment

I think it looks pretty good now. I prefer black over anything, but that's just me. For instance I don't like the EVOII look either, but since you obviously like the M-Sport stripes, then that looks great. Much better now that you've taken it off the letters and fins!

Comment

Working...
              X